TIME FLIES

liked by fallontonight and othersmarlenarrr it's been a minute🇺🇸

marlenarrr it's been a minute🇺🇸

comments disabled

...

~October 2021~
(5 months after the ESC)

"You're up in a few minutes!" the kind lady with the staff badge around her neck tells me.

"Great, on my way!" I smile.

I look in the mirror to see if my hair and make up looks the way it's supposed to. Everything is fine, I give my reflection a fake smile before I take a last sip out of my "The tonight show starring Jimmy Fallon"-cup and make my way to the door.

As I follow the staff's directions towards the stage, the music becomes louder.

They are playing Mammamia. I hear Damiano's voice echoing through the studio but try to concentrate on myself.

Looking down my body, I see the leather pants resting nicely on my hips (outfit from the post). Today, I'm not that nervous, I did a shot together with Thomas before we got here.

When Måneskin finishes, they walk past me. Thomas winks friendly at me but Victoria ignores me completely, it feels like a stab in the heart. I shake it off because Jimmy Fallon starts to announce me.

"She also is an internationally uprising star from Europe, by now every person has seen her on the cover of vogue, in a Chanel commercial or on the runway. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome Marlene Rossi!"

I put on a huge smile and come out from behind the curtain. The few people in the studio applaud for me and I wave at them before walking over to Jimmy.

"Wow!" I say, acting amazed.

Jimmy and I sit down as the applause finishes.

"Long time no see!" I say to Jimmy.

"Absolutely! I'm so excited you could make it today. When was the last time you were here again?"

"God! I think like 2 years already." I answer.

"You're so grown up and I like the new hair!"

I have to laugh.

"Thank you! But they're just extensions."

"Who cares, it looks fabulous! So much happened since the last time you were here!" he says with this over excitement Talkshow hosts have to have.

"Yes totally."

"You modelled for several campaigns. You have like 15 million followers on Instagram. You established your own fashion brand."

"I got my drivers license!" I say, making the audience chuckle a little.

"You got your license. And you were one of the presenters of the Eurovision Song Contest which means this wasn't the first time you heard Måneskin performing live!"

"Oh yes, I love them-" especially the bassist "-they did a great job tonight and of course back then."

"They're amazing and tell us, how exactly did you get the job in Rotterdam?" Jimmy directly moves on.

Talkshow conversations always have such a tempo, I wonder if the hosts take aspirins beforehand to prevent headaches.

"Oh man, it was such a spontaneous thing. On of the presenters got sick last minute, that's why they asked me. I didn't know what to do so I just said yes." I answer his question.

"Yes always is a better option than no, am I right?"

"Never let an opportunity slip!" I nod.

Jimmy and I keep on talking about my Brand-release in August and other stuff I already talked about in many Talkshows and am already tired of explaining again and again. But of course I stay professional and pretend it's my greatest pleasure to talk about that.

I immediately take off my high heels as soon as I leave the stage. Instead of my own dressing room, I choose to go to where Måneskin changes. I want to knock but hesitate when I hear a loud discussion on the other side of the door.

Slowly I press my ear against the door but in that second it gets opened. Ethan freezes as he sees me in front of him. But instead of saying something he pushes past me leaving the door open. The other band members are silent as they see me standing in front of them.

"I guess I'll come back later." I say realising this conversation is probably private.

Thomas looks down to the ground as if there would grow flowers. My girlfriends sits in her chair with smudged make up looking as if she's at the verge of punching someone. And lastly, Damiano stands in the middle of the room giving me a pretty pissed of look.

"Oh no, you stay here Lena! This is very much of your concern." Vic tells me.

I slowly walk over to her and close the door behind me. Damiano starts to walk up and down in the room.

"Can somebody explain what's going on?" I ask after nobody says anything for a few seconds.

I get ready for continuing the argument Vic and I had earlier.

"Of course. So, Signor David over here thinks he can interfere in our relationship and say we're no good for each other-"

"Stop talking about me in that tone!" Damiano interrupts Victoria outrageously.

"Then stop saying fucking bullshit about our relationship. You have no right to do that!" Vic shouts at him with a desperate undertone.

"Sh-sh-sh" I try to calm her by leaning down to where she sits and caressing her cheeks.

I can basically feel Damiano rolling his eyes behind my back.

"So you... don't think we're good for each other?"

I stand up and face Damiano provocatively.

The fight goes by in a blur and is pretty much pointless.

It's the next day and Victoria and I get ready to go shopping together.

"Why does your band hate me?" I whine about to put shampoo in my hair.

"It's just Damiano trying to put rocks in our way, the others are okay with you." answers Vic as she does her make up in front of the bathroom mirror.

"Wow..." I stop in my motions and look at her in disappointment.

"That's really reassuring."

"Babe!" Vic says amused an turns around to look at me.

"I thought we don't give a shit about other people's opinions." she opens the door of the shower.

I sigh.

"But Damiano really seems to hate me!" I speak up.

"Stop!" she punches my shoulder.

"Bitch!" I say surprised.

"Forget about that. He'll have to live with it. I won't let you go a second time."

She gives me a kiss but I break it off by turning the shower on and making her wet.

Right in this moment I'm really happy we met again.
.................
jb

Okay, I failed in writing a good ending but we're finished, bitches! Thanks for the support. And maybe we'll see each other again...