✽CHAPTER 44 : A GLIMPSE!✽

A/N is at the end.

~

The competition continues the next day while you and the guys rest. "This is one weird competition, you have a day's break in it as well,"you express your thoughts as you sip some cranberry juice.

"See we're also accompanied by living beings and that means we can't continue all the time,"Hoseok shrugs,"when I were a human I didn't eat or sleep for 3 days and ended up in hospital for ten days."

You frown,"What were you doing? Hiking on the Everest?"

"Actually I was doing work on my research about intervening inhumane existences among us...and that's actually how I ended among these guys,"he laughs out loud in a cheerful voice.

You eye him unbelievingly. 'No wonder he's the only one who actually laughs out loud...the other six just smirk.'

Jimin elbows Tae. "Hyung never told us about his time as human though...he never dropped the details."

"I think we never looked interested enough in it...or maybe just because we're not humans either."Tae whispers back,"Also we wouldn't even understand half of it."

Both of them eye you guys, nodding to the fact they understand nothing anyway.

"If everyone is here, can we have a discussion of our strategy?"Namjoon walks in the room as you seven gather around him. "We will face the misconception challenge tomorrow and it's a bloodshed if you're not careful." He begins assigning positions to you guys. "Y/N and I will be at the leech lake but we need one of you to keep eyes on us."

"Leech lake?"you make a disgusted face. "Leeches taste good if served with Ox belly,"Jungkook gives you an eyeroll. You frown back him. His attitude has somehow been pretty off. 'Is it because of Princess Yeji?'you wonder.

"Everyone focus,"Namjoon clears his throat,"Jimin will stay with us. His eyes can see through deception and I need someone to keep on telling me on the updates."

"I will be by the tower...all of the angels usually gather around that corner to stay above the mist." Yoongi points out to a tower on the map.

You stop him and everyone else,"Is there going to be mist everywhere?"

Jungkook flicks your head. "It's a task where mist of misconception fills in everywhere and we have to stay there for three whole days. The whole team is a part of this challenge while only one member can have the returning potion in case one of his teammates falls into the mist."

"Falls in?"

Seokjin intervenes,"The mist attacks and preys on it's own. You can't just fall into it but once you're a part of it...it's hard getting out without getting hurt. This task is a test of team work and keeping up with your comrades. Teams that make it through this are going to face the next opponent."

You gulp,"That sounds dangerous."

Jimin smirks your way,"It's a tough one."

~

"All teams in position?"One of the Hosts asks. All of you raise your right hands to show him you're ready. You grip your sword tightly with your left hand. 'I beat an elf already. I can do this,'a smirk covers your lips. All seven of you eye each other before the Host whistles. "Ready?"Namjoon whispers as he holds your right hand. You sigh,"Yup."

The Host whistles and both of you teleport to a large and dark forest. "That was so cool though,"you compliment him. Namjoon smiles meekly,"Ms.Kang...I suppose you have your weapons with you?"