Chapter 4

**Tubbo's POV**

"Have you told him yet? Is there any other option?" I say in a panic.

"I think it'd be better coming from you. It's possible that we could do a healing treatment, that would be painful, it requires magic that I do not possess, the only person who would be able to do it is someone that I'm not sure if he'd let you anywhere near him."

"Technoblade," I say quietly. She nods in response. "I guess I better go tell him the news then...." Niki decides to stay outside.

**Ranboo's POV**

I hear them talking outside but I can't make out what they're saying. I hope that she has some kind of medicine because it seems like I may be getting too close to Tubbo. I wish I could tell him to leave me alone, but I can't. I haven't felt a genuine connection with someone for so many years. I know it's selfish, but I miss the feeling of being loved. I feel the tears fall slowly down my face, I miss the feeling I had before the curse.

Tubbo walks in alone and sits down. I quickly wipes my tears away. "Hey Tubbo, so what's the verdict? Can she help?" I look to Tubbo with anticipation and he looks down. "I'm so sorry Ranboo," Uh oh, that's not a good start, "I wished I could have pulled you out of that snow earlier, I wish I could have brought you to see Niki earlier, I wish-"

"Tubbo," I cut him off and grab his face , "I'm not mad I just want to know what's going on with me." He gives me a small smile before taking a deep breath. "Okay, here's the thing, your body is completely healthy and luckily your muscles are working to almost 100% capacity... For the most part..."

"For the most part? What do you mean? Tell it to me straight Tubbo."

"The nerves and muscles in your leg are dying Ranboo. You may have to lose your leg." I process this information slowly. Lose my leg? I can't survive like that. I need to keep going. I can't stay in one place for too long. I feel myself starting to panic when I suddenly feel arms around me. I hug back as I let a few tears drop onto his shirt. I wipe my eyes again.

"Is there any other option? Any medicine?" He looks nervous to tell me. "There is another possibility, but it's risky. Through a very treacherous tundra there lives a man who goes by the name 'Technoblade'. This man is many things, a genius, a fighter, a brother.... But most importantly he's a healer who's very well versed in potions and magic. It's possible he can help you."

"Let's go there then."

"No, Ranboo, you don't understand, if we make it all of that way and he can't or... won't... help you, then you'll die, your leg will become infected and kill you."

"No, Tubbo, YOU don't understand. I need my legs. I can't lose my legs. Please help me do this.... Please." He looks at me with a mix of emotions in his eyes, fear, hope, annoyance, and something else that I don't recognize.

"Okay. We'll go then."