Chapter 12

Triggers: death, alcohol

**Tubbo's POV**

The rebellion is geared up and all of us start heading towards L'manburg. We go to the tower and are met with arrows being shot at us. We shoot back with an equal amount of force. We use tridents to soar up to the tower and fight the men who are shooting at us.

Eventually we have the high ground and we are firing down at them. An arrow is shot and I feel it pierce the side of my neck. Ah yes, I remember how bad this hurt. Technoblade quickly comes to my aid and heals my wounds to the best of his ability. I give him a nod. They attackers start to retreat further into L'manburg and we chase after them.

After injuring 3/4 of their men, they raise their flags in surrender.

"Take us to him. Take us to Schlatt." Wilbur says sternly and their leader nods in compliance. We are met with a very drunken JSchlatt.

"He stinks of alcohol!" Quackity yells with a mix of anger and sorrow.

"FUNDY! WHO'S GONNA LIFT DUMBBELLS WITH ME?" Schlatt yells in a drunken slur.

"You had a dream and I followed it but you brought it down hill. You ruined it. You ruined everything!" Fundy says in anger.

"D-do you guys smell toast.. my arm is numb." Schlatt says.

"Any last words Schlatt?" Wilbur says in an intimidating tone.

"I don't feel well." Schlatt drops to the ground and I check his pulse. "He's dead." There are some audible gasps but after that there is cheering.

"The tyrant is gone!" I hear Technoblade yell amongst the cheering.

After leaving the van, I look to Wilbur. And I give him a longing hug. "What was that for man?" He laughs slightly.

"I just.." no I can't tell him. It has to be the exact same way it happened. "I'm just happy that it's over."

He smiles at me and pats me on the back. "Me too."

After some talking, the citizens decided to elect me president. I mentally cringe at what I know is going to happen next. I go up to the podium to start giving a speech.

Technoblade, out of anger, starts stabbing people and setting off explosions. Many people are getting hurt. Eventually I hear the all too familiar sound of TNT. L'manburg goes up in flames and buildings that once stood strong are now the wreckage of a once beautiful country. I look over to the location of the button where Wilbur's body lies in Phil's arms, unmoving. I run to him.

"Wilbur. I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" I apologize for him, I apologize for Phil and I apologize for myself. I couldn't save him last time and I know I couldn't save him this time. "I love you Wilbur. My brother." I say in a shaky voice. I give him a hug before laying him down on the ground and giving Phil a hug. We are both covered in his blood.

When I open my eyes again I still feel tears running down my face. I lift my head to see that I'm now in an office building in a suit. I look around to see a picture of me on the wall. I'm president right now. I dry my tears and try to think about what the next event will be. What happened while I was president that was as painful as the other two events?

I look at the calendar to see which date it is. I keep the date by placing an 'x' on the dates that have passed luckily. December 3. What happened on December 3? Oh no... It couldn't be. I can't do this again. I stare in horror at the date.

After what felt like hours of staring at the date, Tommy, Fundy and Quackity walk in. "Okay everybody knows the plan right? We stand strong boys!" Tommy yells in his typical chaotic manner. "Yeah, no way we're letting Dream exile you man!" Quackity says while placing a hand on his shoulder.

I can't do this to him a second time. The pain I caused him is my deepest regret.

**Ranboo's POV**

I'm sitting beside Tubbo. I glance over to Philza, "Phil, who's Wilbur?"

"How do you know that name?" He says with sadness in his voice.

"Tubbo mentioned him a few times. I just want to get some perspective on what he's going through."

"Wilbur was my son."

"Meaning Tubbo's brother. Wait was?"

"He's dead."

"S-so Tubbo is experiencing his brother's death again?"

"Yes. He likely is."

I feel tears start to stream down my face. "I guess I have to really make this up to him. For going through this." I joke but in reality I regret making him go through this.

"He'll forgive you." Phil places a hand on my shoulder, "but if the last event is what I think it is, he's going to need you to be here, because even though it is the least physical pain he has gone through, it is the most emotional pain he has gone through."

I nod and Phil pats my back a couple of times before heading back downstairs to check on Techno. Techno may seem monotone and cold, but I know that watching his brother go through so much trauma in such little time is hard on him. He hasn't been eating as much.

The first event Tubbo went through, he yelled "no Technoblade, please don't." And Techno's face instantly fell. He knew what was happening and you could see the regret.

It's been 2 days since Tubbo fell asleep. I haven't been sleeping. I've been waiting for him to come back to me. I need to be here when he wakes up. I can't let him down.

Technoblade comes upstairs. "You should go to sleep, it's been two days. You need to eat something and sleep." He hands me a plate of food.

"Not hungry, thanks." I push it away.

He sighs. "You need your energy. I know what he's going through sadly, because I was there. I may not know exactly how he feels, but for a lot of the pain he went through, I was there. I know that he needs someone that really cares about him when he wakes up. I'll wake you up when his next experience comes to pass, he'll need you there. For now, you must rest, you'll need your energy."

I take the food and start eating. "You and Phil really care about him too. I can tell."

"Yes, but sadly ties have been severed between us. Too much has happened. I still love my brother and Dadza does too, but too much has happened. He needs you."

I nod in response. After I finish eating, I glance at the other bed and then back at Tubbo. I can't leave him alone.

As if Technoblade read my thoughts, he says, "don't worry, I'll watch him."

I nod and go to the bed. "Just for a couple of hours though." He smiles and nods. I drift off into a restless sleep, praying for Tubbo's safe return.