33) Diary

Hey guys! I got a new job and had training so the update was long overdue, thank you so much for the wait and love you guys give this book! I love yall!

Also, would yall rather have an extra chapter about how Xaviar and Eliza got together or more about Erza's past life? Let me know!

NOT EDITED!!!

When Xaviar heard his mother scream he quickly ran inside the room, just to see his beloved mother staring and pointing at the air before fainting due to being exhausted.

Xaviar clenched his hands tightly, he will find out who did this, he will do anything to get his mother back...

~

"Do you know who Zera had contact with?" Xaviar asked the guard while calmly looking through Zera's dorm.

"No sir...all we have are these notes of a recipe for a drug to manipulate memories."

Xaviar scrunched his nose, "Manipulate? How?"

The guard continued, "According to my knowledge, this recipe should come directly from the black market, it is said if you feed this recipe to someone regularly, you can manipulate their memories as you wish, but I don't think this has been tested so the success rate is unknown, and side effects are unknown."

Xaviar took the note from the guard, and smoothed out the wrinkles-

"Trace this back to see who sold this recipe to Zera, I want it done by tomorrow."

The guard was flustered in his heart, but controlled his face, "Yes sir."

The guard swiftly left as Xaviar continued to sort through the room.

It was clean, too clean for a crazy person like Zera.

'He has to be hiding something.." Xaviar thought as he stared hard at the peculiar wall.

Suddenly, he flew a small fire ball at the wall, crumbling it to pieces to reveal the shocking things hidden behind it.

Xaviar scoffed, Zera was too naive, hiding something in such an obvious place.

Xaviar stepped over the rubble, grabbing the first thing he saw, which was a painting of his mother."

She looked quite different, although it was a painting the details of darkness in her eyes were emphasized.

Xaviar burned it, then continued onto the next painting.

It was dyed red, it shows a picture of him dying, it was quite graphic. You could feel the anger of the artist throughout the painting.

There was also a graveyard blended into the painting.

'He really wanted me dead' Xaviar thought with sadness in his eyes.

Don't get him wrong, he despises Zera to the core, but he really thought of him as a close friend and was saddened to think the other just thought of him as nothing.

Everything was fake since the first day they met...

He can only trust three people in this world, his mother, father, and-

Eliza.

Before Xaviar's thoughts went wild, he picked up a small notebook, presumably Zera's diary.

He opened the first page, and was shocked at the contents.

He expected the first entry to be something from his childhood, but no, the first entry was from exactly a year ago.

Why would Zera write a diary so late..?

"I figured out this is all a fake, we are all living in someone else's hands"

'That was the only sentence on the page, what is he talking about?' But Xaviar continued onto the next page.

'Charlotte...I remember that name.."

"I don't know what's real or fake anymore"

"Who am I?"

"Where am I?"

"Can I go back?"

There were so many pages with only one sentence on it, and as the pages go on the writing gets more frantic and crazed. It's hard to image the Zera Xaviar knew would act like this on the inside.

What happened to him? Zera felt fine until a couple months ago, but he's been like this for a year? what changed?

Xaviar then got to the last page of the diary, surprisingly this wasn't a one sentence page, but a long paragraph.

"I found out today that I wasn't supposed to be like this, I was supposed to be a talented painter with people gushing over my feet, I was supposed to be loved by all- especially Ms.Mia

She wasn't supposed to marry Xaviar's father, she wasn't supposed to be Xaviar's mother, she was supposed to be my mother!

Why does he steal everything from me!?

Heh, its okay though, I found a way to turn this world back on track."

That was the last page, Xaviar noticed that the rest of the pages were torn off due to the torn marks on the diary.

What does Zera mean? Charlotte wasn't supposed to be my mom?' Xaviar thought gloomily.

No, he shouldn't doubt, Zera was just crazy.

Although Xaviar thought that with a calm face, his hands were clenched nervously, and there was still a lingering dread in his heart.