8. Blood rush

Purpose fuels passion
__

His white shirt which was clean white a few minutes ago was now ruined with blood. Few of his buttons undone, his hair scrambled, his knuckles bleeding, his beautiful face served with bruises.

The minute he met my eyes, his chest started breathing heavily. His eyes seemed concerned, was he checking whether I was hurt?

"Kang I'm fine..." as I mumbled those words, his gaze softened as he sighed in relief. But then someone from behind strode towards him to hit him and before I could scream, Kang dodged his hand without even looking at him, as if he was prepared.

Yanking him in the front, Kang gripped his collar and threw him on the ground and before the man could get up, he stroked the wooden stick in his leg as the man cried out in pain at the strike.

"Stay inside" Kang looked up to me and said, before turning and facing the other men who were standing ready to kill him.

I stood quietly and watched him bleed. As minutes went by, more men began coming in and he didn't look like he could fight them anymore. He was just a mere student, how could they hit him like that? Why were they hitting him in the first place?

Were they by any chance here for me? Were they his dad's people?

It was hard to watch him struggle so much just by idly sitting in the car. I had to do something before they could kill him.

As I got down from the seat, the Limo driver sir stopped me, "What do you think you're doing?" He asked.

"Do you expect me to watch him die?" I responded clutching the seat tight. None could help him, how was I supposed to sit quietly and watch it all.

"Don't" he said in concern but was I going to listen?

No.

"I'm sorry" I moved his hand away and got down of the car immediately calling for the police. They would come late and what I had to do was get some time, they said they'd reach here as soon as possible and I had to make sure Kang doesn't die, or neither do I.

Yes, he said not to come out, it was not safe but I got down anyway and there was no going back. I was going to save him just like he saved me back then. It was time to pay back his favour.

Taking a deep breath, I tied my hair up and walked past the car finally coming in front of everyone.

Kang was fallen on his knees, his lips bleeding, his uniform torn, his head bleeding and his legs trembling. He was fucking scared.

"Leave him" my voice came out weak before all the men. All of them turned to look at me "Did the prey just walk by itself to us?" They chortled just as Kang's eyes widened looking at me.

His eyes pleading me to go away and his mouth begging, "Please".

"Didn't you hear me?" I voiced loudly this time, clutching on skirt, tight, scared.

The man held Kang's hair and shoved his head down on the ground as Kang screeched in pain still asking me to leave. "Come here" the man lifted his index finger and asked me to come to him.

"Run..." Kang again mumbled but I bit my lip and walked towards him like a fool, maybe not a fool but someone who was desperately ready to help him in any way possible even if it meant keeping myself in danger.

"Go back!" Kang shouted this time, trying to stand up straight but then again someone from behind hit his back with a rod making him fall again to his knees, both hands on the ground and his head hung low.

He was scared and these people knew it very well. They would knock him here and would come to take me either way, at least I could do was to make him least hurt if the police didn't arrive in time.

Shutting my eyes, I took a few breaths and brought the confidence in myself to face them. If not physically I could weak them verbally. Any way would work right now if that meant us both leaving without any wound. I had to give my best.

Opening my eyes back I straighten my posture glancing at all the men surrounding us. Some hurt, some not even touched. They were here for me, to take me.

"Who are you?" I asked, without blinking even once.

"Someone, who'd love to kill you" One of them answered.

Smirking, I pinned my hair strands behind my ear and walked in the front, "Sorry? Who?"

The man frowned, leaving Kang's side he came to me, and I swear my heartbeat wasn't at a normal pace. "You're gonna die" he smirked this time.

"Kill me and get over it then" I tilted my head in amusement but swore a hundred times in my head for literally challenging them.

"Oh? Should we?" The man now turned to Kang asking for his permission, hitting his nerve. "Don't fucking dare" Kang gritted his teeth, tightening his fist, "And why the heck are you still here! Run!" He met my eyes with his desperate ones.

"You got a really pretty girlfriend but sadly I'm gonna kill her right in front of you, how tragic isn't it?" The man-made a sad face, laughing right after.

I gulped when the man, now slowly put his hand inside his pocket only to remove a knife.

Weren't the police taking too much time to arrive?

"Bring yourself here" The men stepped back, next to Kang who stared at him with utmost aggressiveness. He was gonna kill that man, well it looked like that.

I hesitated to go in front but then I saw Kang's condition. He didn't deserve all of this. "I'll save you" I mouthed with tears slowly coming to my eyes.

I was scared too.

Clenching his jaw Kang immediately got up and knocked his elbow at the man's face surprisingly.

"You'd kill her huh?" Kang spitted just as everyone gasped looking at him. The men surrounding us stood alarmed as Kang removed his torn shirt and threw it away exposing the cuts and bruises on his body.

"You son of a-" The man cursed and before he could complete Kang kicked his face, "Bastard" completing his words and looked around.

"There's still time, leave!" He pushed me away instantly turning to the men who already were ready to hit him but Kang was fast, he punched them right in their faces.

He needed some rest and I guess I gave him that.

"Run!" He shouted aggressively this time and I got startled. He was serious and he seemed to get the strength he needed, I had to leave. I'd only make it hard for him by staying here.

And as I was just about to leave, the man, who Kang knocked with his elbow pulled out his knife.

My eyes widened watching the scene happening in front of my eyes. Not waiting any second I ran to stop the man,

"Look out!" I screamed reaching for the man's hand and as I took a hold of his hand, the man changed his position and instead stroked me, "Gotcha!"

The knife went right inside, piercing my skin narrowly. My vision turned blur as I saw Kang's figure approaching me.

My eyes forced themselves to be closed and wet fluid bleeding through me panicked me and before everything could end I saw red and blue lights sparkling before my eyes.

=♡=

~AMXNX~