13. Roses and Lavender

Flowers need time to bloom
__

Dad got the news of the incident and got to know that the girl survived.

I was beaten to a pulp. He was frustrated by the fact that he trusted me. He forgot that I was still my mom's child, that I still had a heart.

My parents got divorced when I was ten years old. My mom wanted me to be away from all this, she knew how ruthless and greedy my father was. But since my father got custody after the divorce, her health was deprived and in a few months, she died.

He hated that I was like my mom. Yes, I knew he was a mafia but my mom told me he was a good one which made me think to be like him someday but that day of the accident I knew who he was actually.

I was hit by a whip every day. The mistake I made, made it harder for my dad to kill her.

He had to pay in dollars to the hospital and the girl's family to keep quiet about the murder he caused.

Hana, the girl who was supposed to die was now living her life.

She grew into a very beautiful girl, her silky short hair by now grew longer. Her thin lips were now plump and beautiful, her eyes became sharper than before and her face structure changed a lot in these three years.

I couldn't believe that I was falling for her. I watched her in distance every day where she worked all alone day and night.

I used to keep a watch on her in case my dad planned on doing anything to her until she managed to get into my school and my dad heard about it.

That day my dad called for me, the day Hana got recruited into our school. He asked me not to get into the middle of whatever he was planning on but I couldn't sit quietly. I retaliated and in return got hit by his belt.

And when I was going back to my class you all know what happened.

__

Present

I stood quiet. Not a single tear fell from my eyes. Was it because I expected it was this worst? Or I still didn't want to accept what happened?

"My Dad" I muttered slowly, "He was alive" I could feel my hands trembling, and my heart started to ache a little more imagining how devastated he would be knowing my mom already died then and there.

"I'm sorry" He apologised in guilt. Lifting my head I witnessed how sorry he was, his face was almost pale, head low with dry lips.

"I know I'm to be blamed for all of this. I should've tried stopping him from doing-" I held his cold hands, "Kang..." I sniff scooting closer to him, "Thank you for everything"

Lifting his head he met my watery eyes, "No, you shouldn't be thanking me, I deserved to get cursed at or hit. How could I not save your family? How could I be so thoughtless and yo-" I pressed his hand tight realising that a tear fell from my eyes, "What's done is done."

"But-" I nodded a no stiffly, "It's the fact that you tried to save me" I smiled feeling my heart lighten a bit.

Sighing, he agreed with me.