"Sympathy for the Devil"

Dear LJ,

I hope this letter get's to you all right. I'm having to use a random owl as to not be too suspicious. Can you meet me at the address written on the back of this letter at 2 p.m. tomorrow? We need to talk.

I hope you and the child are well. And Sirius.

Yours, Reggie

***

Dear Reg,

I'll be there.

Yours, LJ

***

She chewed on her fingernails nervously as she waited at the abandoned...something. Hotel? Mansion? Whatever it once was, it was now a large building full of rats and rotten wood. She had gotten there a few minutes early out of anxiousness.

It was cold outside, very cold, and she could see her every breath. She pulled her cloak around herself tighter. 

Pop!

Then, he was there, and she didn't care if he was imposture. She hadn't seen her baby brother in months. "Reg," she breathed as she threw her arms around his waiste and buried her head into his chest.

"Wow, LJ, look at you," He pulled back with a smile and placed his hands on her cloak covered stomach. "You're twice as big as last time."

"Thanks, Reg."

He rolled his eyes. "How far along, now? Eight months."

"Next week."

"Wow." He pulled her into his chest again, and they stayed like that for a long moment. 

"LJ," he said into her hair. 

"Yes."

"I have to tell you something."

***

He was at the pub, alone. He often went there after his office job at the Ministry's Department of Magical Transportation. A boring job, really. The real work he did was for the Order. Exciting work. 

But, not enough.

He sighed into his Firewhiskey and heard the bell above the door chime. Then, two hands were grabbing him and apparating him away. 

***

He didn't know how long he was out, but when he came too, it was dark. He shivered against the December cold.

"Hello, Peter." Said a voice. He looked up and almost whimpered. Lucious Malfoy and Evan Rosier stood in front of him, side by side. "We have some questions."

He gave in easily. Too easily. He answered every question they had, tears strolling down his face.

The two death eaters looked at one another. "He could come in handy."

***

The next day, the sack over his head was ripped off.

This time he did whimper.

"Peter," said the man- no, not a man. "I have a proposition for you. How would you like being my right hand man? My number one?"

Number one?

***

"Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long years
Stole million man's soul an faith"