"But Time Makes You Bolder..."

Fourth Year

"Why are you out here all alone?"

She looked up at the voice, squinting at the late Spring sun. The boy in front of her had brown skin and a head of crazed black hair. He wore his Gryffindor robes messily, his tie loose around his neck.

She shrugged.

The boy sat beside her, beneath the tree. "Sirius?"

"Sirius." She agreed, leaning her head back against the hard bark with a thud.

He playfully rolled his eyes. "What'd he do now?"

"Pulled another one of his stupid bloody pranks on me."

"I thought we didn't pull any pranks on you after the-" He shuddered dramatically, "Hair massacre of 1973."

"Salazar, you are just like him. So theatrical."

"You snuck into our dorm at night and cut off our hair!"

"You turned my hair pink! Pink, for a whole day!"

"Well, it was funny!"

She punched his arm and he squealed.

"Whatever," he pouted. "Anyways, what'd Sirius do?"

"He transfigured all of my pictures in my dorm. He replaced my face with our Mother's face."

James winced. "Why?"

"He said I was too bossy and acted too much like his Mum."

"Git."

"Yeah." She sighed with a frown on her lips and looked down at her hands. "Y-Yeah."

"Hey," James said, putting his arm around her shoulders. "I'm sorry that he did that. He doesn't think before he does things."

"No fucking k-k-kidding."

He snorted. "And I like when you act like a Mum."

"You do?"

"Yeah. You remind me of my Mum sometimes."

"Really?"

"Yeah. And that's a good thing, you know."

She smiled up at him and leaned her head on his shoulder. "One day, I'll be the best Mum in the world. Better than my Mum. Like-Like your Mum."

"You'd be a fantastic Mummy, L."

"You'd be a fantastic Dad."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. I can see you having loads of kids."

"Do any of them have red hair in your vision? Green eyes?"

"Oh. Bugger off."

He laughed. "I want a whole Quidditch team of little Potters. Yours can join, too. That is, if they're any good."

***

Mia knew before she did. The woman of her family on her Mother's side from India had a knack for those types of things, maternal energy and what not. She knew the moment that she had touched the girl's skin at the station.

They all seemed duller than when she and Monty had picked them up a year before. Lyra-Jade was frowning, and her skin was even paler than usual with hints of green. She looked around the platform nervously, most likely searching for a glimpse of her Mother. Sirius was beside her, wearing an identical frown, and Remus on her other side, with a blank, empty expression. Mia knew that he was wishing Hope was there to pick him up from his last day of school. James and his Lily, who Mia just loved, seemed happy, chatting and smiling and waving when they both spotted her, with Peter trailing behind them before waving goodbye and going off to find his family.