03.

4th July, 2001.

"i'd drag myself through hell if it meant i could hold her hand again."

The school break didn't discourage the pair from seeing each other. Innocent flirting turned into stolen kisses; friendly touches evolved into affectionate caresses. They had yet to put a label on their relationship, both too consumed with one another to care. Their feelings for each other were too deep and vast.

"I want to take you out tonight," Jasper murmured into her hair, his arms cradled around her as they laid on her bed. "See the fireworks, show you off."

"That sounds lovely," she pressed a soft kiss to his jaw. Her fingers fiddled with his shirt, brushing gently over his stomach, while her other hand was entwined with his.

"You're lovely," he lifted her hand to his lips and kissed her knuckles.

Overlooking the city and river, high up at the almost empty look-out, they were wrapped in each other's arms. Daisy resting her head against his shoulder, standing by his side as they watched the colorful, dazzling fireworks. Jasper was barely paying attention, his eyes glued to the girl beside him. She looked stunning; her hair fluttered around her face with the breeze, the light of the moon and distant fireworks casting her in an ethereal glow.

He had never felt so complete. She had settled his vampiric nature, his gift was no longer overwhelming, and he felt that he had a reason to live again. She had wormed her way into his heart; her sarcasm always kept him on his toes, her selflessness and kindness always surprised him and the way she watched at him when she though he wasn't looking made him feel like he hung the stars in her skies. No one had ever looked at him like that.

"I think I might be in love with you, Daisy Marsh," he said carefully.

She looked up at him, a bright smile lighting up her face, her pure euphoria flooding him.

"I think I might be in love with you too, Jasper Hale."

He quickly took her face in his hands, greedily pressing his lips to hers, drinking in her love. Her hands clutched onto his jacket, drawing them closer to each other. This kiss meant more, it felt like it meant everything. Full of feelings they could not name.

Daisy pulled away reluctantly, panting for breath. Her cheeks were flushed, her eyes half lidded and her lips red and loved. Jasper placed a warm kiss to her forehead as one and still cradled her cheek, the other tucking her loose her behind her ear.

"I think I've loved you since I first laid eyes on you," he whispered. Her eyes fluttered closed, a delicate smile on her lips. They were content, in this moment. 

15th August, 2001

15th August, 2001.

"i still find myself talking to you,
like you're still beside me where you belong.
like you never left."