Chapter three

You were walking down the hall with Toko. An awkward silence around the two of you. You wanted to break the ice but weren't sure what to say. While you were going in circles in your brain she spoke. "Um..w-why did you stand up f-for back there? I mean we've only just met." She said.

"Because the way Togami treats others sometimes. It's not right! Just cuz he's... whatever. What he said was uncalled for." You said. "But I mean...he's probably right." You stopped and looked her in the eyes. "You probably think he's the one being honest because that's what you believe of yourself. But your worth more than you know. I could go on a rant but we should probably get back to the others. Come on!" You grabbed her hand and speed walked down the hall. You were looking forward so you didn't know the blush Toko had on her face.

One by one everyone arrived. You and Toko were in the middle of the parade. While the majority of people were at a long table. Togami was at another one. You were at your own seat not at the table, but closer than him. Toko was standing in-between the two of you. "Okay! Looks like everyone is here. Time to start the meeting! Let's all go around and share what we found out!"

"Wait, hold on a sec! What about uh...what's her name? Y'know the silver haired girl. Oh yeah Kyoko?" Everyone looked around and she wasn't there. "Darn it Kyoko! You're really going to be late like this on your first day of school!?" He continued and Junko said he was being an ass. But he didn't care and he declared the meeting started.

Togami got nothing.
Taka tried but he just said everyone had their own rooms.
However Junko found out the rooms are totally sound proof.
Only the girls bathroom doors lock.
Leon Junko and two others teamed up. They tried to move the metal plates and nothing.
Hina, Sakura and Mondo were a group too. They were looking for a way to communicate with the outside. But they found nothing.
There were also stairs but they were blocked off.
Next was Celeste, Toko you and Hifumi. The four of you spent the entire time in the gym.

"What the hell were you thinking, just sitting around the gym the whole time?" Junko said. "Hey just like the others I was trying to help...by looking around the gym...and only the gym." You said trying to be as much as a people pleaser you could be. "W-Well it's not like any of you invited me along! Nobody said hey, c-come with us!" Toko said. "If you wanted to go with someone, you should've just said something." Junko said. "Hmph. Forget it. Like I'd want to go anywhere with a dirty s-slut like you..."

"Those are fighting words Toko!" You said half scolding half worried. "Slut...?" "Your mind is as th-thin as your body. You make me sick to my s-stomach..."
Why is she so rude all of a sudden? "I don't even know how to react. How can you say something so awful to someone you just met?" Junko said with attitude clearly offended. "Alright guys, everybody just calm down okay? All this stress is bad for your skin y'know?"
"Yeah it sounds like the two of you are so close now your fighting like sisters!" And Sayaka found out about how the food gets restocked every single day.

"Your spending an awful lot of time yelling and carrying on. Do you really think you can afford to do so? Have none of you accepted the reality of the situation?" Kyoko said entering the dinning hall. "Kyoko! Where the heck have you been!? We already started the meeting!" She didn't say a word. Instead she put a piece of paper on the table. "It's a map of Hope's Peak." You said. "What the...? Where did you find this?" Taka said. "It doesn't matter where I found it." She replied. "It DOES matter! You're really freaking us out now!" "Nevermind that. What's it mean?" Junko asked. "Just look at it. The building we're in right now is laid out the same as Hope's Peak." You said as you've apparently been looking at the map the longest. "So what you're saying is...this is really Hope's Peak Academy?" Makoto asked.

"Well in terms of construction, yes. But it looks like it's had a number of strange renovations done to it. I don't know all the details yet. All I found was details about the first floor." Kyoko said. The others were processing that this really is Hope's Peak. And some were just in denial. Celeste started giggling. "I'm just happy. It seems splitting up was a good idea after all." She said. "Haven't you b-been listening? Looking around was a t-total waste of time! We didn't find a way out, didn't find out who's behind this. We still have no idea what's g-going on!" Toko replied. "Oh? Is it not Crystal clear what's been going on to you? It is perfectly obvious that we have been in prison in some secret location with no way out." Nobody said anything. They didn't want to accept that. You, Kyoko and Togami were probably the only ones who weren't in some level of denial. "You didn't have to go an s-say that. I w-was trying it to th-thin about it... N-No way out... we're trapped here. What are w-we supposed to d-do...?" Toko said compulsively grabbing her hair.

"Well they did say if we want to leave..." You said. "We need to stop and think about what to do." Sayaka said. "All we can do it adapt. Adapt to living our lives here from now on. A lack of adaptability...is a lack of survivability. Survival is not based on who is the strongest or the smartest. It comes down to who can adapt. As someone who has come out on top more than once, I have a suggestion. We all understand that we are trapped here. Which means we'll be spending the night. However... You all remember the rule regarding nighttime right? I think we need to add a rule of our own. Going out at nighttime should be prohibited all together. The school regulations do not actually tell us not to go out at night. I would like to make it official." She said. "But why?" Toko asked.

"With the way things are now, every time night comes we'll start to get anxious and worried. We will all be afraid someone might try to come and kill us. If we have to worry about that night after night for who knows how long it will wear us down in no time. However unlike the other rules, nobody can be forced to comply. We all have to agree to follow it." Everyone then agreed. It was close to nighttime. Then the meeting was over.

You and Toko happened to be walking next to each other. "P-Please don't take what you heard me say e-eariler as my personality!" She said. "Don't worry about it. It's probably stress and all. I mean nobody expected this. Your room was across from hers. "Well goodnight." You said unlocking your door. "Y-yeah." You went into your room and took a shower. While the water was falling off your body you just stood there. Your shock finally not being suppressed. You were in there longer then you planned. You got out with only a towel on to hear a bell ringing.

"Ahem, this is a school announcement. It is now 10 p.m. As such,it is officially nighttime. Soon the doors to the dinning hall will be locked, and entry at that point is strictly prohibited. Okay then...sweet dreams, everyone! Good night, sleep tight, and don't let the bed bugs bite."