Chapter eight

You went straight to the library. You told Makoto you were almost sure where he was so he went with you. You had the feeling someone was watching you two but you paid no mind to it. Makoto came in right after you. He yelped in surprise. "Hey uh, what are you doing?" Makoto asked. "Fishing. What does it look like I'm doing? I'm trying to read, so if you could be quiet..." He replied. "Sorry." Makoto said. "But what are you doing here!? Everyone else got worried! And we all started looking for you." You said. "Who asked you to do that?" He said. "We're all supposed to meet up in the morning and eat together. We made a promise!" Makoto said. He pouted and shut his book before standing up. The others must have heard Makoto yell because they all came running.

"Byakuya! So this is where you've been hiding!" Taka yelled. "The heck you doing here man?" Hiro asked. "We were..." Sakura looked at you. "Most of us were very concerned..." She finished. "Well you had no reason. I was just reading." They all kept talking but the feeling of being watched distracted you. You looked around but saw nobody really. You came back by the sound of yelling. "Hey shithead! You get off by bullying people that can't fight back? You wanna try that on me!?" Yep that's Mondo. "So you're back to pretending to be friends huh? And how long do you think that's going to last?" Byakuya said. "Fuck you!" Mondo yelled back. "Is that all you can say? It's unfortunate you would waste your breath on such empty gibberish." He replied. "That's it! Your fucking dead!"

"Hold on! Just calm down!" Hina said. "I AM calm!" Mondo yelled. "How is that calm...?" You said. Byakuya after a little speech left. "B-but what he said... He might not n-necessarily be wrong..." Toko said. "Hey come on! You too Toko!?" Hina said. "Well it's n-not like anyone would even care if I w-was gone right? Actually I bet you all w-want me gone! You all think I'm d-disgusting!" You were gonna say something but Makoto beat you to it. "None of us think that." He said. "You j-just think you don't know that!" She yelled back. "I know some people like to play the victim, but this is just totally out there." Hiro said. "You think I d-don't know, but I do. You want me g-gone! And I'm sure the rest of you want the same th-thing don't you!!" She then ran off. "Toko wait!" You said about to go after her but Celeste stopped you. "Just let her go. Once she gets like that there is nothing you can say to bring her back." You stopped because she did have a point.

Hours passed and it was now the afternoon. You were kinda worried about Toko so you went to check up on her. In the main hall. "Are you doing okay?" You asked. She looked deep in thought. "Whatcha thinking about?" You asked trying to break the ice. "W-when will we get out of here? N-not that I'd have much to look forward to..." Does she even know I'm here? "Hello??" You said louder. She jumped when you did that. Well more like screamed. "D-don't do that!!" She said. "Sorry but I've been standing here a while trying to get your attention." You said. She blushed. "Mistress wants to spend time with me...!" You mentally gasped at the nickname. Out of all the things, she chose that. Change the subject. "So you never really answered before... But what do you like to do in your spare time?" You asked.

"I just w-write. I'm serialized so I'm always really busy. And when I'm not writing I'm studying. I'm not an idiot l-like you. Agh damnit! I had to go and open my b-big mouth again... You must hate me for s-sure now." She said. "No. It didn't even bother me... How do you get your ideas for what to write?" You asked once again changing the subject. "Is from real life experience or..." "Are you stupid!? I t-told you didn't I? I write romance novels. How could I use m-my real life experiences for that!? It's all my imagination! It's just delusions! Are you saying I have to have experience to write romance novels?" She asked. "No..." You replied. "It's alright. I'm used to p-people making fun of me... But I'll show them! I'll get pretty someday and show them all!" She the once again ran off. "This chic..." You said.

The next day you went to the breakfast meeting. "Is this everyone? It feels a little small..." Taka said. Byakuya and Toko stormed off yesterday. You weren't to surprised they didn't show. They talked a bit and Mondo thought to tie Byakuya up. Taka and Mondo almost started to argue when you noticed something seemed wrong with Chihiro. "Hey Chihiro are you okay?" You asked. "Oh I'm just going through a little self-loathing. After what Byakuya said to me yesterday...I just go so nervous I locked up. I couldn't say anything. Mondo ended up having to help me out. And even HE said I was 'someone who can't fight back'. I hate how weak I am..." She said. "Ahh I see. So Mondo made you depressed." Hina said. "What!? How is it MY fault!? I wasn't trying to be mean! Besides, girls are just naturally weak anyways right!?" He said. You rolled your eyes. Sakura is right there. Chihiro then started to cry. "Are you crying..?" Mondo asked. "It's cuz you were screaming like a lunatic!" Hina said. You hugged Chihiro trying to comfort her. "Hey come one don't cry... I-It's my fault okay? I won't yell at you anymore..." He said. "Really? Not sure I can believe that..." Hina retorted. "J-Just shut up... I got it, I'll make you a promise as a man. Maybe I mentioned this before...but ever since I was a kid my brother told me over and over again... He said that no matter what, a real man ALWAYS keeps his promises. That's what he left me."

"Left you...?" Hifumi asked. "Oh yeah...my brothers dead. Anyway I don't talk about it. Don't wanna make all of you guys cry! Anyway so you can trust me when I make that promise. So you don't gotta cry anymore!" He said. "Okay... Thank you Mondo." She said smiling. "Sure..." "But I still don't like how I am right now. I have to get stronger... If I'm so weak anything can make me cry...that's not good." She said. They talked for a while and everything was back to normal.

Some more time passed and you had some free time. You were gonna just sleep when your doorbell rang. You answered and it was Toko. "C-can I talk to you about something? I-It's important." You nodded and let her in. You were worried. I need to talk to you are words that mean something bad. She looked very nervous and she was blushing. "So what is it?" You asked. "I...I have feelings for you."