Chapter twenty

A/n: You guys thought you died? This is Makoto's "execution" also sorry this took so long. I was doing a nuzlocke.

"Huh??? What!?!?!! What's this!?! What's going on??!?" Monokuma yelled. "Hey, was that...?" Hina muttered. "Yeah! It had to be!" Hiro replied. "Alter Ego!" Byakuya stated. "Alter Ego!?! Is this some stupid virus from that stupid guy!?! He must have planted it when he invaded my network! Damnit to hell!" Monokuma yelled furious. If he was a human his face would be red with anger. "Seems you finally made a miscalculation. No...you miscalculated from the very beginning." Kyoko said with a smirk. "...what did you say?" Monokuma said. "What I'm saying is you shouldn't have underestimated us." She responded. "Why are you talking like you've already won!? I barely felt a thing! It was a pinch, an itch! The stupid virus is gone now got it!? And so is Makoto and Y/n! Maybe I didn't get to smash them flat, but you're never gonna see them again! To waste away in a garbage pit... In a way that's an even BETTER special punishment!" Monokuma said laughing.
Then he left. "Now it's the mastermind that's ensnared." Kyoko said. "What are you talking about?" Byakuya asked. "You'll understand soon enough."

You woke up to someone shaking you. You opened your eyes. It was Makoto. "Hey you okay?" You groaned and didn't bother trying to sit up. "Why are we here? I thought we were going to be executed." You said. "Alter Ego...saved us. You didn't see since you were forced to look the other way." You sighed. "I'm fine." Makoto then looked around the place. You were in a garbage pit. "Why bother? It's all pointless we're trapped here. We don't get the luxury of dying fairly quick." You said sitting up. "That's still not enough reason to give up! Because I'm still alive! We're still alive!" He said. "How can you still have so much hope? So many people died, and in horrific ways too. We're trapped here. How can you not only live, but thrive at the same time?" You asked.

"We're just gonna die here, so what's the point in trying?" Right then and there a hue surrounded your eyes. And where pupils once were, there is now spirals. Before you were about to mentally go down a spiral hands on your shoulders. "You can't give up hope. Think of all the people you knew before you came here. They would want you to fight. And after all the deaths, you still want the mastermind to win and claim another? And Toko, God knows how she's doing. You have to keep fighting for all of them, and for me!" He said all of that with pure determination In his eyes. Your eyes then went back to the way they were before. What he said was enough to give you hope. Whether it was the people you knew, Toko or not giving the mastermind what they want... You felt hope for the first time in a while. Makoto seemed to know this happened. He smiled relieved. "We should probably go to sleep. We need to conserve our energy. And we're more likely to sleep now after all of what happened earlier." You said. "Your right."

You both woke up. You aren't sure but you think a day has passed. It got to a point you guys just can't sleep anymore. It was like you two were waiting for a sign to fall from the sky. And what fell from the sky wasn't a sign. Well...not exactly. In that moment a huge crash could be heard. "Holy hell!" You screeched. "What the!?" There were new bags on the ground. Kyoko. Yep she was in the bags.
"This place smells awful. You two are doing better than I expected." She said. "Um... you've got a bit of garbage in your hair..." Makoto said. She gave her head a quick shake before she faced you guys again. "First I have something for you." She had four rolls and two water bottles. "Go ahead and eat. We can talk once you're finished.
"Thank you!!"
"Say less."

Makoto instantly snatched two rolls and a water bottle. You then grabbed what was left. Within seconds you both were finished. Makoto was completely done while you were still downing your water. "Now I have the energy to keep going!" Makoto said full of spirit. "That's..*gulp* now how *gulp* it works." You said. "Seems you both haven't given up then." Makoto looked at you silently asking a question. You finally finished your bottle and threw it to the side. "No. We haven't." You said. Kyoko said she came to atone for putting you both in this position. "The reason I had to survive, was so I could do what I came to this school to do. I made up my mind to come to Hope's Peak Academy for one very important reason. "What is it?" You asked finally talking in the conversation. "You had some reason for coming to Hope's Peak?" Makoto asked. "Yes or at least I did once. Until recently...I'd forgotten what it was." The mastermind stile her memory of her talent. However during the conversation...

You don't want to leave. You want to stay here. You asked for this.

What? This left you confused. It felt like a half memory. You remembered your morals, but with no context. It felt like a memory but...who would want to stay here!? You went back to the conversation. "I believe there is a lot I don't remember. But at the very least I was finally able to recall my purpose and my ability." She said. "I'm the ultimate detective. And the reason I came to Hope's Peak Academy...was because there was someone I had to find." She had to find the headmaster. Because he's her father. You talked a bit more to explain a few things. And finally...you made it out. Well...to climbing a seemingly neverending ladder.

"Don't loose your footing. If either of you slip, I won't be able to catch you." Kyoko said underneath you. Makoto was in the lead and you were in the middle. "Not helping!" You said. Eventually you made it to a hatch. "Well here goes nothing." Makoto said as he pushed up on the hatch. It opened with ease and finally you made it out.