Chapter 25 - My Final Part-time Job

The exams were over, and I had passed all of them.

Barely.

I had gotten perfect scores on the combat and Elemental Magic exams, but it was honestly a miracle that I passed the General Magic exam. The exam was to fill out an empty scroll so that it would create a barrier in the shape of a round shield in front of me, I was given three tries. The first two attempts failed, and I had mentally given up at that point, but I lucked out with my half-hearted third attempt, when, to my surprise, it actually worked.

As for the written exam, I had managed to pass, but had literally been just two points away from failing.

The group exam didn't go perfectly, but we managed to do decently enough to pass with an average score.

If someone had failed either one or two exams, they'd be able to attempt the failed exams again in one months' time. If someone had failed three or more exams, they'd have to start the first year over from the beginning.

And as for how the rest of Group D did...everyone had managed to pass everything except for Rai. He had failed the written exam by a single point, and would have to resit for it and try again in a month.

If he failed it again, he'd have to start over, which would also mean that he'd be forced to leave our group and form a new one with the new first years that he'd be starting over with.

Which, actually, wouldn't be the worst thing to happen...

Anyway, that was his problem.

I, on the other hand, was finally free of the burden of the exams, and I'd finally be able to freely go on Quests!

Adventurers were given cards as proof of their status, it was similar to the Identification Card, it would state the Adventurer's name, rank, and country. It also had a light up strip like the Identification Card did, it would light up when the owner runs their Mana through it. Adventurers could come and go through the walls as they pleased, unlike regular citizens who would need a valid reason that was approved by a government agency if they wanted to exit.

An Adventurer's rank was not just for show, it dictated what level of missions they were allowed to accept. D-Ranked Adventurers can only accept D-Ranked Quests, while C-Ranked Adventurers could accept Quests that were C-ranked or lower.

B-Ranked Adventurers can accept upto A-Ranked Quests, while A-Ranked Adventurers could take on upto S-Ranked Quests so long as they were with a group, and S-Ranked Adventurers were allowed to take on S-Ranked quests solo. Academy students would be given D-Ranked Student Adventurer Cards after the first half of their first year, and then those would be promoted to C-Ranked Student Adventurer Cards halfway through the second year, though there wouldn't be any further promotions till after they become an official Adventurer after graduating, in other words, Academy students including third years were generally not allowed to take on any quests that were ranked higher than C.

Though, there were exceptions.

That's right, I'm talking about the top performers of the Brawl of Glory.

Ekai and Misen would be getting A-Ranked Student Adventurer Cards, and they'll maintain those ranks when they graduate and become official Adventurers.

The difference between the two is that Ekai was given full A-Rank clearance, meaning he was allowed to take on S-Ranked Quests so long as he was with a group of Adventurers, while Misen was limited to an upper limit of A-Ranked Quests.

As for the semi-finalists, myself and Fuo Wesroh, we would be getting B-Ranked Student Adventurer Cards, giving us access upto A-Ranked quests.

Of course, these cards we received as students were more like temporary loans that'd be replaced with the genuine article if and after we become full-fledged Adventurers, if a student failed to graduate, they'd have to give up their card immediately.