Chapter 36 - Goldway(Part 2)

I wasn't sure exactly what was going on, but when your girlfriend is cowering behind you in fear while some man is directing bloodlust at her, there's only one thing you can do.

Without a second thought, I entered Bloodlust Mode and began reaching for my dagger, before...

"Lord Valse Darrte! King Aurich requests your presence, the meeting with the delegates from the Rustlands is about to begin!" Called out a guard loudly, snapping me back to my normal state.

"Y-yes, I shall be there in a minute. Excuse me," He nodded at me, before hurrying away.

...what the hell had that been about?

"Hey, what's wrong? Talk to me, Persia," I turned to her as he left, grabbing her shoulders.

"I-it's...I...wait, l-let's talk about this somewhere else," She replied, shaking slightly.

She was really shaken up.

"Hey, we were planning on checking out the shopping district, are you two coming?" Invited Vi, coming over to us.

"Uh, maybe later! You guys go on ahead, we'll catch up later!"

"Oh, alright then. Later!"

"Hey, let's head back to my room, alright?" I asked Persia gently.

"Yeah...okay," She nodded, taking a deep breath.

We headed back to the guest wing and then made our way to my room. As we entered and I shut the door, she sat down on the bed, letting out a huge sigh.

"What happened back there? Did you know that guy?" I asked softly, sitting next to her and wrapping an arm around her.

She was quiet for a while, before nodding.

"He was...one of the slave traders that I escaped from, but...I thought I killed them all. Why is he still alive? That person...can't still be alive," She replied shakily, exhaling sharply.

So that's what it was...no wonder she was so disoriented.

"It's okay, just calm down...everything's fine," I said in a soothing tone, stroking her back as he breathing started to get panicked.

She buried her head in my chest and hugged me tightly.

"I-I don't know why I feel so afraid...he shouldn't be able to scare me anymore, I mean I'm so much stronger than I was five years ago...so why do I feel so terrified, Kuro? I feel like something's wrong with m-!"

"There's nothing wrong with you. Nothing at all. I promise, I won't let him anywhere near you."

"He...he was the one who was in charge of the slave trading ring I was captured in, and...he was the one who tortured me the most. When I saw him, all those memories came flooding back...the whips I'd get struck with everyday, the shackles cutting away at my wrists and ankles, the blunt blades he'd carve into my back with...it's all I can think of right now...I feel like I'm losing my mind-!"

I wrapped my arms around her and embraced her tightly, as tears began running down her face and her shoulders shook in fear.

"It's okay...just let it all out. You're safe here, and I'll make sure it stays that way..."

I'll kill him. I'll fucking kill him. I'll kill him slowly and painfully, I'll show him pure agony...

"I-I'm okay now...," She sniffled, about half an hour later.

Her eyes were red and puffy, but the anxiety in her expression had eased a lot. Good, looks like she was feeling better after letting it all out.

"Let me know if you start to feel uneasy again, okay?"