Chapter 8

Persephone POV

Bucky and Steve lead me back to our room. When we get there I grab a long sleeved shirt and sweatpants before heading towards the bathroom and changing into them. I have been using the mist to hide all the scars but I can't hide them when I'm asleep.

I sigh and walk out to see only Bucky in the room.

"Where's sunshine?" I ask confused.

Bubby's head snaps up and he looks at me," He went to change so I could change in here. Steve should be back soon."

I nod my head and crawl onto the bed before placing my head on Bubby's lap.

Bubby smiles down at me and starts playing with my long black hair. Not that I'm complaining, it feels really good. Sunshine enters the room soon and looks at us with a smile gracing his face.

I look at Sunshine and say," Come on Sunshine. Come sit."

Both Steve and Bucky chuckle at my antics but Steve sits down none the less. I smile and put my feet on his lap while still resting my head on Bucky's lap.

Here we sit in each other company doing nothing but enjoying each other's presents. Before I know what was happening I was falling asleep and the last thing I hear is Bucky whispering in my ear," You're safe."

Bucky's POV

I don't know what came over me but I lean down and whisper in Percy's ear," You're safe."

It seems that she heard me as she smiles as small snores escape her mouth as she drifts into the land of sleep. I wish her good dreams but they aren't always perfect. If she does have nightmares we will be here for her.

Steve looks at me weirdly, "what did you say Buck?"

"Nothing," I say with a smile.

Steve seems to understand and nods quickly before yawning as quietly as he could.

"Maybe we should go to bed?" I state in a questioning tone.

"But I don't want to wake her up," Steve says with his eyebrows furrowed.

I nod and say, "Yeah but she won't be comfortable in that position for long."

"True, and you're getting tired, " Steve says with a chuckle.

I sigh but don't deny his accusation. I brush my dolls blue hair with my fingers.

I decide its time to move as soon as I notice my eyes are drooping. I start moving Percy to the middle of the bed with the help of Steve. After she is positioned comfortably I lay on her left side while Steve on her right. I wrap my hands around her waist with my head on her shoulder. Steve is laying with his head above her's. I fall asleep, for the first time in forever, with a smile on my face.

Steve POV

I look at Percy as she sleeps and my gaze falls on Bucky. Poor guy. He's my best friend and I can barely help him. However unlike all my other times checking on him to make sure he is sleeping he is smiling. I feel myself smiling as I look at my best friend and mate.

I realize that for the first time, I feel complete and I fall into the relm of sleep.

A few hours later

I wake to the sound of whimpering and thrashing next to me. I bolt up looking down at my mate as she tosses and turns. Bucky wakes quickly after she starts turning.

"What's goi...  Oh," Bucky realizes quickly that she is having a nightmare.

If I know anything she will probably not want to be touched.

"Doll? Where ever you are you aren't there." I say quietly in her ear and continue to whisper sweet nothings in her ear. It seems to help her calm in her dream thankfully.

Bucky and I lay back down after we make sure she is fast asleep and calm. I fall asleep quickly to the sound of Percy breathing deeply.

As I wake up I sigh deeply. I had a decent sleep last night even with Percy's nightmare thing. I'm not gonna question it. Percy can tell us when she is ready.

Bucky wakes up shortly after I do and gets up off the bed. I sigh knowing that Percy may ask where he went.

I start playing with my girl's hair as Bucky leaves to change. I sigh in content as Percy cuddles into me, if I didn't know her better I would think she was a woman in a child's body.

Percy starts to move and wakes up. She sits up and stretches with a loud yawn before looking down at me. I smile up at her and sit up placing my girl in my lap. I kiss the top of her head gently before kissing her cheek.

"What we're you doing?" Percy asks me in her groggy morning voice as she tilts her head backyards the look at me.

I've only heard it a few times but it sends me mental. I put my head above hers and look into her eyes.

"I don't know maybe this..." I trail off as I kiss the tip of her nose quickly.

Percy giggles before turning around and facing me with a huge smile on her face. I guess she hadn't notice Bucky is gone yet.

I smile down at her before she gives me a quick kiss on the lips. My eyes widen but I smile none the less.

Before we can kiss again Bucky comes back inside the room.

"Darlin' how are you this fine morning," Bucky asks as he sees that Percy is up.

Percy swings around and looks at Bucky real wide eyed while a beautiful rosey blush covers her cheeks.

Percy looks down at her lap as I move away to give them time to each other.

"What are you doing doll?" Bucky asks as he puts his hand under Percy's chin forcing her head up. "Don't hide your beautiful blush. It suits you darling'"

With thar sentence Bucky pulls Percy into a quick kiss.

A/n

Hey there! 👋 Sorry it took so long. I will be moving into the house hopefully soon. I actually have gotten some free time during school to type this on my phone so spelling is not perfect. I just want to thank y'all for how many reads we have reached. I hope y'all are doing well where ever you are. I'm doing well grade wise. My lowest grade is a 90 or a 'b' so I shouldn't get electronics taken away. Hope this finds you well and just for fun

What is your favorite color?

Narcissa