A Race Commenced

~Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain.~ Psalm 127:1

Almost dooooonnneee!! ❤️❤️❤️
^ Vanellope's face was me when I saw how many followers I have—I LOVE YOU GUUUYSS!! 😭😭😭🥰🥰🥰

3rd P.O.V
____________

Giant soda bottles pop and spray. The lids of the fan boxes fly off, revealing hundreds of spectators as they cheer in their favorite racer.

The racers line up their karts at the start as a blimp flies over head of the starting line.

King Candy stands in his royal box, a prideful smile on his face as the racers rev their engines. "My sweet subjects, I can without a pinch of hesitation assure you that I have never been so happy in all my life to say the following words—;"

The the screen lists all of the racers, (Y/N)'s and Vanellope's names crossed out in red as their designated spots blinked in sync of their absence.

"Let the Random Roster Race commence!"

King Candy cheers as he slides down his royal banner. Landing in his kart with a excited and exaggerated laugh as they wait for the green light.

A marshmallow waves the checkered flag and they're off! Trying to beat the other.

. . . . .

From behind the stands, Vanellope drives in front of (Y/N) as they speeded. Ralph held onto the back of Vanellope's kart for dear life as Felix sat behind (Y/N) on her motor bike. Placing a hand on his hat to keep it from flying off, he made sure his free arm was wrapped around her politely out of respect for his friend.

Ralph leaned over Vanellope, speaking over the wind so (Y/N) could hear. "Remember, you don't have to win! Just cross that finish line, and you'll be real racers!"

(Y/N) laughed from under her helmet, her scarf fluttering wildly as she addressed him. "You don't need to worry about that, Big Red! We're already real racers!"

. . . . .

As they neared the starting line, Ralph and Felix jump off the girls' respective vehicles.

Vanellope turned to them with a determined stare. "and we're gonna win!"

Vanellope moves the gear sight forward and speeds down the road, (Y/N) right behind her as they drive passed the blinking red X's, signaling their places in the race.

. . . . .

The racers enter Gum Ball Pass, dodging the gum balls coming at them, some not so lucky as they're hit.

Adorabeezle drives completely straight and hits a Power-Up. Her kart transforming into a ice-cream cannon as she ready's a scoop of ice cream. 

. . . . .

Back at the starting line, the announcer's voice is preppy as Adorabeezle shoots the ice-cream cannon. "Power Up!"

. . . . .

"Woah-ha!" King Candy exclaims as he swerved, the ice-cream hitting Jubileena square in the face as her pie-like kart turns into a cherry pie.

. . . . .

"Oooh, Ala Mode!" The announcer almost winced in sympathy.

. . . . .

King Candy narrows his eyes and drives faster, hitting a Power-Up. The hood of his kart opens and unleashes another canon as he aims at Rancis and Minty. "Have some candy!"