18

ARLINGTON, WASHINGTON D.C.

24 September - 10.00 p.m

MIA SARA plopped herself on the bed. She was too tired from working all day. There was paperwork to be done on a visiting program to New York by some Malaysian businessman at the end of the year. She had to wait till 9.00 p.m before she could get in touch with the Ministry of International Trade and Industry in Kuala Lumpur.

The different time zone was the main factor that forced Mia Sara to wait beyond the working hour at the Malaysian Embassy when all other workers had gone home at 5.00 p.m just now. Evening in Washington was dawn in Malaysia.

For that purpose, Mia Sara will go to New York this October 2 to prepare all necessities like reserving hotel rooms, meeting halls and appointments with several businessmen in the city.

After resting for 10 minutes, Mia Sara grabbed a towel and went in the shower. Then she put on her pyjamas and went into the kitchen. Her dinner was simply made of potato fries, sausage and egg. Soon after she came into her bedroom and turned on the computer.

You've got mail.

The phrase appeared on her monitor screen along with the email icon. Mia Sara smiled. She knew who that email was from. She clicked on the icon. The message appeared in an instant.

The Petronas Twin Tower tragedy is over. Two men were shot dead. All hostages saved.

Mia Sara was glad for the success. Brief though the sentences were, the message gave her relief.

A video file, too, was attached to the message. Mia Sara started the download process. Soon it was completed Mia Sara clicked on the file to play the video file. It was a recording of the interview with the Chief of Police. It was taken off from Bernam TV in Kuala Lumpur. Mia Sara gave it her full concentration.

***********************************************************************************************

SUDDENLY, her eyes were directed to someone walking pass behind the Chief. The recording was repeated again and again. Then Mia Sara pressed the pause button. She enlarged the screen image of the man behind the Chief. Then she pressed print. She snatched the coloured print soon as it slide out of the printer.

"Hilman?" Mia Sara exclaimed holding her right hand to her chest. 

The man named Hilman had been bothering her since late. It originated from her heart. Their hearts had long been united though they had never been in love. Nevertheless, love was constantly growing within her heart. 

Mia Sara replayed the recording. She listened carefully to the words spoken by the Chief of Police. She was certain Hilman was one of those who were involved in the operation to save the Petronas Twin Tower. Yes... Hilman. The man who had long reigned in her heart. 

"You're in love with him, Sara?" 

"I don't know. But... I always think of him."

"That's love, Sara!" 

"And you..."

"Don't worry. We are still friends. Just follow your heart, Sara." The voice sounded hurt. 

"Thanks," Mi Sara said. 

The conversations came into her mind all of the sudden. Someone closed to her; a real closed friend. The friend who had, the night before, sent her the email. It had been quite sometime since she had heard from him. Now, they were both working in the United States.

Her eyes stared at Hilman's picture now. She missed him, although they had never met. Or even poured her feelings. Still, Hilman has always been in her heart. Logically thinking, Mia Sara felt stupid for loving someone who had never knew how she felt. Add to that, someone who was much older than her. But still, Mia Sara could never stop the voice in her heart to tug on her yearning.