33

NEW YORK HOSPITAL

12 October 2000 - 10.30 a.m.

MIA SARA sat on the chair next to Hilman, watching the man who was still sleeping on the bed. Once in a while he would snore softly. Mia Sara felt amused watching Hilman while he slept.  Yes... the man now reigned in her heart. Their hearts had long become one. Only Hilman did not realized who Mia Sara really was. 

"Mr. Hilman... Mr. Hilman." Mia Sara tapped Hilman's on his arm. 

Hilman moved a little He cleared his throat a few times and slowly opened his eyes. Mia Sara's face appeared. 

"Mr. Hilman... the sun is already up. Old folk say... those got up late, missed the worm." Mia Sara joked. 

"What time is it?" Hilman asked. 

"10.30 in the morning," Mia Sara replied.

"Oh... daytime already," Hilman rubbed his head. 

Mia Sara stepped to the NYPD police officer on duty. He was the same officer who was on day one. Mia Sara talked to the uniformed officer. 

The police officer walked towards Hilman, after receiving Mia Sara's assurance. The handcuffed was released. He told Hilman to take a shower and warned him not to run away.

"Mr. Hilman," Mia Sara called as Hilman was about to stepped into the bathroom. Hilman turned. "I'm fully responsible for you from now on. Whatever happened... I'm the one who'll be in trouble."

Hilman nodded. He was out ten minutes later. His whole body felt refreshed. This was the first time he cleaned his body since the accident. 

"I'll wait outside," Mia Sara said. 

Outside?" Hilman was still wrapped in a towel from the waist down.

"Dr. Cohen gave permission to visit Jeslina." Mia Sara looked at a scratch just below Hilman's right chest. A scar from the surgery. "With a police guard, of course," Mia Sara continued. 

"Okay..." Hilman said. 

Hilman put on his clothes in haste. He ran his fingers over his head to straighten his hair. The policeman handcuffed Hilman's hands forward. Moments later, he escorted Hilman out. 

While they walked, Mia Sara stayed by Hilman's right side. The police officer stayed by his left, holding Hilman by his arm. They were heading for Jeslina's ward at the hospital's upper floor. 

"I have a big question for you, Mr. Himan." Mia Sara said turning to Hilman. 

"A big question..." Hilman chuckled. He was deliberately cheerful this morning. "Of course. Anything you want."

"The scar below your chest, Mr. Hilman, was it a result of a surgery?" Mia Sara's heart beat faster waiting for Hilman's answer. 

"Hmm-mm," Hilman nodded. 

"What kind of surgery?"

"It's a long time ago," Hilman said briefly. 

They stopped at the lift. Mia Sara pressed the button to summon the lift to their level. The red light blinked. Mia Sara turned to Hilman and raised her eyebrow, a cue for him to start his story. 

"Once... I donated a part of my heart to..." Hilman paused for a moment. "She would've grown up by now."

Mia Sara pouted her lips. "What was her name?" She asked, on purpose. 

"Mia Sara," Hilman replied. 

Mia Sara was moved when she heard Hilman mentioned the name. He never forgot. Her heart murmured.