l e a v e - 2

details

.

y/n goes on to have the kid without vinnie and 3 years later they run into each other

.

y/n's pov

it's been about 3 years since me and vinnie broke up and i have been living perfectly fine without him. i had my daughter 7 months after we broke up so she's about 2 and a half years old. today i was taking her to target so we can buy a present for my best friends birthday that was coming up. i got her into the car seat and plugged in my phone to play music. after a short 10 minute drive we made it to target and i took her out of her seat, grabbed her diaper bag , my purse and i put lavender in the cart. i stopped at the starbucks inside the target to grab me a coffee and lav a water before we start shopping. after shopping for about 20 minutes i hear someone call my name and it's a voice i haven't heard in a while.

vinnies pov

i was going to target with jett and boof to get a few things for a video we were filming later today.

v: i'm gonna go back by the auto section guys, i need a few things for my car i'll meet you back over here in a few

j+b: ok

as i was walking i walked passed the baby section and saw a familiar face. my ex girlfriend with a baby. i got flashbacks from when she first told me she was pregnant, i screamed at her because i wasn't ready for a kid and didn't even give her a chance to talk. i walk towards the baby section and call her name in hopes she recognizes me.

y/n's pov

i tense up and slowly turn around and i see who it is. my ex boyfriend who didn't even let me talk before yelling at me to get out when i told him we were having a kid.

v: hi y/n, how are you?

y/n: what do you want vinnie?

v: i just wanna talk

y/n: i tried talking to you 3 years ago but you started screaming at me

v: i'm sorry y/n i really am. i was too focused on things that weren't important back then rather than focusing on what was important which was you and our baby.

y/n: my baby vincent. she's mine not ours. i was the one who went through pregnancy, labor and birth alone. not the two of us like it was supposed to be. all i had was my cousin and her husband because you wanted to be like every other man who gets a girl pregnant and want nothing to do with it.

v: and i'm sorry

y/n: sorry isn't going to cut it vincent

v: i want to be involved

y/n: did you want to be involved or did you just see me in the store and decided you wanted to be involved then? vinnie i'm not ready to be in a relationship right now nor have another guy in lavender's life. i just got out of a relationship 3 weeks ago and he treated us poorly so please just give us time. i know you're her father but i don't want a repeat of 3 years ago.

v: oh, um can i give you my number at least so we can still talk? i know you don't want any men around her right now but just so we can talk?

y/n: yeah that's fine

we exchanged numbers and said our goodbyes as i continued shopping for my best friend's birthday present and he went to shop for whatever he was buying.

4 years later

v: hi angel he said walking in the door coming home from work

y/n: hey love i said kissing him

v: how's my baby doing he put both of his hands on my huge stomach and started rubbing it

y/n: he keeps kicking like crazy

v: rain, i thought we agreed on you to not hurt mommy anymore he said kneeling down to talk to my stomach

v: only one more month and we finally get to meet him

y/n: thank you for sticking around this time i told him as he stood up hugging me

v: of course love, couldn't hurt you again like i did the first time

y/n: can we go to sleep now i'm tired and lavender is already in bed

v: yes, let's go pretty girl

after me and vinnie ran into each other at the store we started texting and calling each other everyday slowing building that relationship we once had. after a few months of us doing that i finally let him see lavender and let them get to finally know each other. they met about a month before her third birthday and vinnie planned almost her entire party with the help of me. we got back together a year after running into each other and have been very happy ever since. we moved in together after 6 months. now lavender is 6 and a half and me and vinnie have been back together for 3 years and i am pregnant with our second child, a boy which vinnie was very excited when he found out. we finally have the happy little family i've dreamed of since i first flipped over that pregnancy test 7ish years ago.