Episode 12: Invisible Brad

~Down in the Man Cave~

"Hey, hey Char?" Henry walked over to Charlotte from the back room. She was sat at the supercomputer, typing away on her PearBook.

"Yeah, what's up?" She asked him, not looking up from her screen, but giving him her attention.

"Have you..err--have you been noticing anything, like, weird about Ray and (y/n)?"

"Uhhh, every day. All the time. Why? Did you know he took her to Sotto Voce last week?" Charlotte told him.

"Wait? Really?" Henry couldn't believe what she told him.

"Yeah, but she insists it wasn't a date." The dark-haired girl gossiped, feeling the same frustration with the two adults that Henry did.

"It was totally a date, they're just too dumb to realise it." The boy said in exasperation.

"I know!" She agreed, but Henry realised he was getting off point.

"No, anyway! I mean, they've been talking... like, when nobody else is around." Henry told her what he'd been observing.

"You mean like, talking to themselves?" Charlotte asked.

"Yeah! Like, full-on conversations with people who aren't there." He said, but the girl wasn't convinced.

"Are you sure they're not just talking to each other?" She inquired, thinking that Henry had misheard them or interpreted the conversation wrong.

"No, they're talking and referring to someone else." Henry insisted.

"Okay, well, my uncle Rosco talks to his food before he eats it," Charlotte told him.

"What's he say?"

"Stuff like..."well, hello, hamburger, you're about to take a trip to belly town." Her voice deepened as she impersonated her uncle. As soon as she had finished speaking, the sprocket opened. Ray and (y/n) came out talking, but not to each other. Weird.

"Is that a serious question?" The woman asked, looking over to her left. Whoever she was speaking to, wasn't there.

"No, we can't go riding rollercoasters with you." Ray also said to thin air.

"'Cause we have jobs!" The woman swatted her hand, looking like she was insane.

"Stop poking me!" Ray looked behind him, also appearing like he was some kind of madman.

"Hey guys, you find out any more info on that motorcycle thief?" Ray approached the kids, (y/n) following behind him.

"Stop standing so close to me! I can feel you breathing on my neck!" A pale-faced (y/n) snapped, even though no one was close to her. She definitely wasn't referring to Ray, mainly because he wasn't that close to her, but also because she usually couldn't get close enough to him for her liking.

"Thank you." The superhero wasn't phased by her odd behaviour, but Henry and Charlotte were concerned.

"Why are you guys staring at us?" Ray asked when he noticed their expressions. (y/n) leaned into his side, moving away from whatever was bothering her.

"Uh...." Charlotte didn't want to appear rude.

"Because you're talking to nobody." Henry, on the other hand, didn't care.

"Shhhh!" The girl next to him tried to quiet him down.

"It's got to be said!" Henry said to her firmly.

"Right, you guys don't know Brad." (y/n) could see why they were so weirded-out. When Ray first brought Brad home, she thought he'd gone crazy.

"Brad, this is Henry and Charlotte. Guys... this is Invisible Brad." Ray clicked his fingers to the space next to (y/n), feeling fairly certain that's where the guy was stood.