Episode 16: My Phony Valentine

~Swellview High~

Henry saw Bianca taking a drink from the water fountain in the hall. It was the season of love, or rather, it was getting close to Valentine's Day and he wanted to ask his crush out.

"Boo!" He snuck up on her and made her jump. The girl choked in surprise and began to cough.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to..." Well, that wasn't how Henry had planned it in his head.

"That's okay. Hi." The brunette smiled at him.

"Hey, so chickity check it. Two tickets, you and me, tomorrow night. Yeah. Valentine's Day. That's right. I'm gonna keep saying things until you smile." Henry showed her the online tickets he had to Club Soda, but to his confusion, the girl didn't smile, she just looked anxious.

"Henry, I can't go with you to Club Soda tomorrow." She told him, making the teen boy's heart sink.

"But I bought us tickets for Valentine's Day." He spluttered.

"Well, you should've asked me a week ago," Bianca told him, trying to walk away but Henry kept talking.

"Oh come on. You, like, wanted me to officially ask you out?" Ah boy, this kid had a lot to learn about the art of dating.

"Yes. That's how girls work." Bianca frowned at his naivety, as Charlotte coughed from the other side of the hall.

"Oh, sorry. I just swallowed some 'told you so'." The dark-haired girl smirked at Henry. She had warned him about not asking Bianca earlier, but he hadn't listened.

"Come on, Bianca." Henry pleaded with his crush after Charlotte walked off to her next class.

"Someone else already asked me to go to Club Soda tomorrow night." The girl sighed.

"Who?" Henry asked, agitated that some other kid had beaten him to the chase.

"Mitch Bilsky." Her answer horrified Henry. Who would want to go with that jerk?

"Mi--you're--wh---Mitch Bilsky is all big and mean and stupid. And Mitch." Henry looked at her with disgust on his face, but Bianca didn't care about his opinions on her date.

"Well, he asked me in advance, sorry." Bianca gave him a sympathetic smile, and walked away, leaving Henry to face the wrath of Miss Shapen.

"Well, Henry Hart. Or should I call you, Ffff?" The teacher said to the boy.

"Why would you call me 'Ffff'?" He asked her with a confused face.

"Because Ffff stands for 'F'." The teacher showed him his test result, causing Henry's face to turn pale.

"I failed my test?" He breathed out.

"Oh yeah, and I was just about to tape it to your locker." Miss Shapen said.

"Why?"

"To shame you." The woman replied and walked over to Henry's locker to stick up his failed test.

"Look, Miss Shapen, I can't get an F." He pleaded with her.

"Well, too late, poop tart." She snapped back, not being the kind of teacher to remark a test so easily.

"Well, why have you been in such a bad mood all week?" Henry asked her, noticing how on edge she was.

"I don't have to tell you." She replied, but she couldn't hold back her tears.

"Did nobody invite you out for Valentine's Day?" Henry didn't have to be a genius to work that one out.

"Oh, God, it shows? Do you have a tissue?" Miss Shapen looked at him in alarm. She burst into more sobs, making Henry feel awkward. He fumbled in his pockets to see what he had, but all he could find was a dollar bill.