Chapter 1

Edited: 7/05/23

Ever heard of cinderella?

well if not let me explain true my life a little bit.

It's totally different from any normal girl's life.

I was the only child of my parents. They loved me unconditionally,i always get what i want, they pampered me to no extent, and because of that,i as little girl was what you call,a brat, stubborn and always whine and cry about anything i was refused of and that stubbornness caused me my entire life.

I guess they are all correct.

I'm actually the cause of my parent's death.
When i was 4 years old, my mum broke the news of us having a new addition to the family to me, and like any other spoilt only child, i got angry at first cause i didn't want to share my parent's love with anyone,but then my friend's mother gave birth,and then i saw how babies are cute and the way my friend was happy holding her baby brother, then i told mum that i want a baby sister or brother just like my friend,she was so happy and i was too untill that horrible day which took away my happiness forever. I still remember it like it was yesterday.

My parents forgot to pick me up from school that day. I was really upset,i sat on the floor outside the school and cried continuously,a man walked up to me and asked me why i was crying.

Well let's just say what's a story for another day.

For now let's focus on the present, where i'm currently laying on my bed, extremely tired.

I worked all day without any rest.

The house is so huge and they fired all the workers just so i could be the slave.

I'm so tired of everything. Mama and Baba always treats me awfully, even Zara and Asif bhai. I love them all even if they all treat me like a maid.

Stupid of me, i know right. I'm someone you could call gullible. Yeah i'm too gullible,i forgive and love easily, that's why i hurt all the time. Well back to what i was saying

So,today was laundry day and i had to wash everyone's clothes and that too by hand. My hands are swollen as it was a lot of clothes and after that Zara made me clean her entire room and i even got slapped twice by bhai today for adding garlic in the food.

And right now i'm going to get slapped again,if not beaten up,by Mama cause i didn't go to get the groceries.

I was so busy that i forgot.

I just hope she doesn't notice it, i'll just get it tomorrow cause all i want to do now is sleep.

I closed my eyes ignoring the pain i felt all over my sore body. I heaved a sigh of content and was about drifting off to sleep when a familiar voice yelled out my name, making my eyes jerk open, and also lead to me falling off my slim uncomfortable bed.

Oww.

O God. She definitely noticed.

I'm so dead.

Only you can save me now, Ya Rabbi.

"IMAN get down here." Mama yelled out again.

Calm down Iman maybe she just wants something else. My subconsciousness tried to calm me but i'm 100% sure it's because of the groceries and i know i'm in one hell of a big bowl of chicken soup.

"Co-coming m-ma-ma." I said audibly enough for her to hear,more like stuttered out.

I paced arround my room as i thought of the ways she was going to make me pay for what i've done.