Chapter 9

Edited 22/07/23

ASSALAMUALAIKUM

How are you all doing?

We're finnaly at 1k reads yayy. Thank you all for the love and support.

Do vote, comment and share.

Enjoy....

IMAN'S POV

I'm someone's wife now.

I'm Azan Qureshi's wife.

Well not in public, it's just a secret temporary marrige.

Well not that i mind as long as i didn't get married to that monster.

Well i'll explain that some other time.

I'm currently sitting in the center of the bed, in a hotel room Khala booked for the night,as she won't be able to take me to her home with me dressed as a bride.

I overheard Azan asking khala to book separate rooms,as he doesn't want to stay with me in a room.

I don't know why i felt a pang on my chest when i heard that.

Maybe i was just feeling rejected by my husband on our wedding night.

I don't think i'll continue this marrige when all this is over,cause it's clearly written on Azan's face that he despises me, with the looks he's been giving me since as if he's forced to do this,well I'm also not liking this. I'm just 18, i have to go to college like I've always dreamed of,and khala already promised that she'll take me to college once all this Asif problem is over.

I really don't know what the need is for marrying Azan, if i'll be leaving Lahore for Islamabad but khala is the elder and she knows best.

"What are you doing on my bed? Get down right now." He growled.

i got startled and tears started flowing uncontrollably.

"I...I'm so.. sorry... Khala she.. she said i-i could sit on the bed. " I stuttered.

I'm really scared of him.

I think he's going to hit me, not that I've not gone true that all my life,but i am still scared of his raging voice.

"Look here you wench. Don't blame my mother for this. Now get up from my bed, and stay away from my room." He yelled.

The next words i uttered still came as a shock to me.

I uttered that four letter words from my mouth.

I called myself his wife,i know I'm he's wife but it's just a temporary marrige and that four letter words that left my mouth added more rage to the already raging bull.

"But- But I'm your wife." I said meekly.

"YOU ARE NOT MY WIFE AND YOU'LL NEVER BE MY WIFE." He growled.

Wow why can't my life be as easy as a fairy tale.

I just want to feel a little bit of love. Is that too much to ask?

Maybe i wasn't created to be loved and cherished by anyone.

I guess I'm made for suffering.

I'm just a destruction.

"Get off my bed and sleep on the floor. Mum will bring new clothes for you tommorow and keep the veil on your head cause i don't want to see your cheap unwanted face. You get it?"

His voice again brought me out of my thoughts.

I nodded,not speaking any words i got up taking a pillow with me,i puts it on the floor and was about to lie down when he stopped me and gestured for me to sleep on the couch.

I guess he has a little heart. Maybe he has a big heart but is just cold towards me as i'm not meant to be loved.

He even said my face is unwanted.

I've always been insecure of my looks cause I grew up with aunty and Zahra always calling me ugly. Zahra always tells me that I'm too ugly that i make onions cry.

Zahra was indeed beautiful and i'm nothing compared to her.

I was really surprised when bhai said he wanted to marry me, he's also apart of the reasons I'm insecure,he always calls me ugly too. I agree with khala there's a reason why bhai wants to marry me at any costs and i think khala knows the reason.

His phone rang and he picked it up after a ring.

What happened My love? Why the heck are you crying?" Azan asked the person over the phone worriedly.

Wait!

My love?

I guess it's a girl then. He even forgot he's married and is talking to his girlfriend with his wife present in the room.

Now I'm pretty convinced that he was forced into this.

I'm feeling bad for coming in between two love birds.

"I can't come now Lish but i'll be there tomorrow. Try to get some sleep. I love you." He said.

I didn't hear what the other person was saying but i guessed she asked him to meet her.

I wish someone would care and love me like this.

He even said I love you to the person who i just heard him call Lish.

It's been 14 years since I've heard someone say I love you to me.

I really miss my parents. They never miss a chance to say and prove their love for me.

"I'll definitely be there." I heard him say.

I turned my back quickly when i felt he was done with his call. He hates my face and i can't keep it covered all night or else i'll end up getting suffocated so i turned my back towards him and curled up on the couch. The couch was not that big so it was uncomfortable.
I read my duas and sleep over took me.

This is my weeding night......
Not like any other girl would expect it to be......

I've always thought marrige would be my escape from hatred even if I'm really insecure about my looks......