A Face Without a Name

The rain hadn't started yet but the wind was picking up. Wilbur walked quickly down the sidewalk. It was much less crowded now that the sun had retreated behind the clouds.

He kept his eyes on the ground, watching the sidewalk's concrete cover with small dark grey dots as the rain began to fall. 

Wilbur tired shaking off the rain droplets that clung to him as he approached his apartment. He looked over to his neighbor's door, the 606B tag staring back at him. At this point, she was just as much of a ghost as his grocery store beauty. 

A loud burst of laughter from Tommy and Toby, still streaming inside, snapped Wilbur out of his thoughts. He entered the apartment, setting down his bags and walking over to the boys. 

"I told you guys to keep it down." Wilbur hushed, one hand gripping the mic to muffle the sound. 

"She left a few minutes ago, it's fine." Tommy answered at the same volume, gently brushing Wilbur's hand away from the mic. Wilbur felt relieved knowing she wasn't home, it was going to make what he planned next easier. 

"Hi everyone! I'm going to be making some noise in the kitchen, so don't mind that! I doubt you'll hear it over these two anyway." Wilbur said with a smile, finally greeting the chat. He messed up both boys' hair before stepping back into the kitchen, unpacking the groceries. 

Wilbur bought supplies to make bread pudding. His neighbor had shared a dessert with him, he wanted to return the favor. Plus, his mom's bread pudding was the only dessert he knew how to make. 

Wilbur prepared everything, beginning to feel his disappointed from earlier fading away as the sounds of his friends' laughter filled his small apartment, no hesitation about annoying his neighbor. 

Tommy was getting ready to end his stream as Wilbur pulled the last small ramekin out of the oven.

"Alright boys! Wilbur has made the whole apartment smell like Christmas dinner so Tubbo and I are going to get off and see if we can round up some scraps to eat! It looks like Niki is streaming, so everyone head over and raid her channel! Have a great night boys!" Tommy said while waving, Toby also waving and making faces behind him.  

"Seriously, what are you making? It smells so good!" Toby asked, already walking into the kitchen as Tommy ended the stream. 

"Bread pudding. It needs to cool first. Have you two ate anything since the breakfast I made you?" Wilbur answered, swatting Toby's hand away from the dessert. 

"We had some cotton candy and, yeah that's about it." Tommy answered, joining the two in the kitchen. 

"I stocked the fridge and pantry, eat that and leave these alone until later. And don't touch this one. It's my peace offering to 606B." Wilbur instructed, moving one of the desserts away from the others. 

Tommy and Toby happily obliged, raiding the kitchen before returning to the living room, juggling plates of food. Wilbur laughed, following them to the living room. 

"Me and the guys were going to practice in the studio tomorrow, you guys wanna tag along?" Wilbur asked. 

"That would be awesome!" Toby answered, his mouth half full. 

"Behind the scenes with Lovejoy, I can already see the vlog now." Tommy joked. 

Just as Wilbur was about to refute, Toby jumped up on the couch, nearly knocking over a can of coke in the process. 

"The hell man?" Tommy questioned. 

"Wilbur! You're trending!" Toby exclaimed vaguely. 

"For what?" Wilbur questioned, standing to grab Toby's phone out of his hand. Toby was barely taller than Wilbur when he was standing on the sofa.