Chapter 1: The Storm

"Life is full of surprises, and one of them is finding the one for you, most unexpectedly."

_Unknown_

Makris Andino's POV

I glanced at my wristwatch. Again.

Where am I?

My eyes widened in shock, looking around at the elegant room surrounded by white and brown. The paint on the wall was all white with brown furniture.

This is a hotel. And it's not my room. Why am I even here?

My brain started to process how I got to the hotel. I was drinking downstairs with Ajax and Christos. We celebrated our success of gaining a vast contracted deal with the Alas Werke shipping company from Germany. Ajax received a call from his soon-to-be bride, while Christos's mama called him too. They left even without waiting for the hookers we hired online.

They left, knowing that I had already booked three rooms for comfort and an appointment for hookers to come to entertain us.

A few minutes later, I stumbled into a bright room and found a lovely lady with Emerald eyes. She wore Silky emerald nightwear, and her brown hair was in a loose bun. She looked intoxicated, and the first thing that came to my mind was that she was the hooker I had hired.

But they were three. I booked for three. Why is there one here?

But sincerely, she doesn't look like one. I watch her eyes scan me from head to toe then she looks deeply into my eyes.

"Hello, " she smiled at me. The trail of an Italian accent was evident in her voice.

Her voice was warm, and at the same time- Moisturizer- held a string into my ribcage. She has the tiny voice of an Italian opera singer.

But then again. Beauty looks sternly at me as if she recognized me from somewhere, which I clarify as–force.

A few minutes later, I kept quiet, not replying to her. I just scanned through her body figure from her sitting position. She seated like royalty. Imperial born. Beauty crossed her slim shiny legs with Elegances, with her palm- knotted together on the edge of her struck knee.

I slowly stare at her eyes and watch her stare back through mine. I sit down closer to her with my face plain. Beauty's lips looked small but pulp, a dark peach color. Her eyelid is so damn long. Her eyebrow is so thick and dark and also well caved.

I smiled at her and watched her blink numerously as if to clear her eyes.  She reeks of alcohol. Why would beauty intoxicate herself? Is she sad?

"Hello, " I replied with a smiling gesture.

She whiffs. She moved her head a bit, knowing that I reeked too of alcohol. She furrows her confused eyebrows at me.

"Why are you here? In my room?" her voice sounds so inactive, so sluggish.

Her accent sounds so warm and relaxing. She sounds like a baby who hasn't yet sucked from her mother's fine breast.

"I'm lost!" I voiced out with a smirk.

"You can't afford me, so leave."

She sounds so authoritative. She sounds like a noble protocol. She sounds like my mother, who seeks much from her culture and tradition.

I couldn't help but speak. I didn't mind my accent, but still, yet, beauty's kind of -aggressive- and I like feisty so damn much. I like my woman to be innocent yet antagonistic and contentious.

"Babygirl. Let me tell you." I smirk. "There is not a single brand I can't afford," I grimaced.

She was gaining grace, seeing a trace of disgust on her face. Unexpectedly. She smiled. I looked confused at her, not knowing what she was thinking.