Chapter 10: The cocky husband

LORENA CICERO'S POV

Glancing through my phone with my leg crossed, feeling refreshed in my room, suddenly, my phone rings. It was from an unknown number calling; I frown as I pick up, taking the phone closer to my ear.

"Who are you, and how may I help you?" I frown at the silence.

I was about to hang up when a baritone voice was heard from the other side of the phone. "Hello, Emerald,"

Hang on, that voice it is...That's good for nothing, taut.

"How did you get my number, you freak?" I flamed up again.

"My dearest soon-to-be wife, I can get any number I choose to; as long as you're my soon-to-be wife, I have every right to know your number." He voices out in a cocky tone. "Listen, as my woman, and you must remember...firstly, you can't turn off your phone. Secondly, on no account will you hang up on me, or else, the orphanage-"

"Blah blah blah blah consistently whining, I have heard you, don't talk about the orphanage.  Are you happy now?" I Yelled at him and immediately hung up.

Suddenly, he calls again. "Aren't you being naughty to me? I just told you what I don't want you to be doing, but in less than two seconds, you have broken my rules-"

I cut him off. "I don't answer to you because you are not my father. Don't you dare call my line again, or I'll block your contact immediately. Don't forget who I am," I hung up.

Who the hell does he think he is? I can't let a stupid man like him control me around. He must be mad, or something is wrong with his brain. How dare he give me rules? I make the rules around my presence.

_

It was quarter past eight, and Lorena was feeling settled in the sitting room of the Greek billionaire. She was scrolling through the internet when she caught the eye of her nemesis, Markris Andino. His handsomeness cracks her perfectly Sicilian noble manners. She clicked on his photo and zoomed it closer to his eyes to look at his face. She must confess that the man on her screen is one of a Greek kind. He has a pair of icy eyes. Lorena finds herself smiling dubiously at his nemesis's online photography.

Did I smile foolishly at the sight of his picture? She thought about the destruction of her noble Sicilian elegance and protocol. She raises her head to watch Tanika dresses at the diner table, awaiting her unflattering boss. Her eyes landed on the clock, and she sighed- it was already past nine, so fast? He should be at home anytime soon.

I don't want to be awake when he gets back. I must return to my room before he comes; I don't want to see his naughty face. She thought as she slowly got up and walked closer to the stairs but halted, turning around at the diner table direction.

"Tanika?" She called, with care, with the rolling of her Sicilian accents.

"Yes, my lady?" She ran slightly to Lorena as she bowed, waiting for her response.

"It's past my bedtime now, I need a good sleep, so I'm heading back to my room. When your nasty bosses arrive, inform him again that I hate to be disturbed."

She bows once more. "Yes, my lady, I'll do just that. Please, make sure to sleep very comfortably. Goodnight, my lady."

Lorena nods at her to go, but suddenly, the enormous golden interior entrance opens. It was her rivalry; she frowned, looking at him with disappointment written all over her face. She halts at the sight of him. He was putting on a wine-colored suit that had a touch of black. Seeing her, he looks tired as he flings his briefcase to Tanika, who is already standing closer.

She was angry, but still, yet, another part of her was happy to see him for some reason. She turned around to walk always, but it was against her father's pedagogy. She told herself that it was just right to welcome the house owner.