Chapter 7: The Husbandly Candidate

Sometimes life takes you on unexpected paths, and those paths aren't always in the same direction.

~Jonathan Scott~

Lorena Cicero's POV

I'm just so naive. I'm becoming so innocent for being too friendly to others. I'm so silly. I quit the job I like just because of those good-for-nothing frantic. What do I care about, frantic? They are just crazy, now I've to stop attending the orphanage with my appearance, but I won't stop sending gifts and food. Now, I'll triple my donation. This is just so annoying.

I grumbled as I walked at the walking path of the street; I couldn't wait for the bus any longer, it was getting late, and I had to be home before my father arrived there before me and sense my absence if not, Francesca will be in trouble for my unhealthy sins.

Beep! I flinched at the sound of the honk from a vehicle. But I didn't bother to turn, but it kept on honking nonstop—What fool decided to whirl of my already messed up mental health?

Immediately, I turned around. The person instantly rustles down the glass of the car. I lowered my gaze slowly and drew back at the face I saw.

"Why is it always you?" I roared at him.

He smirks. "Get in; I'll drive you home," He insisted.

How dare you? Is he mad? What doesn't he understand? I'm way past his level, and he's not even my type I would want to hang out with, not even in his wildest dreams.

I rolled my eyes at him. "No need, thanks. You've done enough since the first time we collided, so I don't need more of your willy-nilly style."

Then, he brought out his phone. With a smile mustered to his face. "Ouch! I almost forgot that I only deleted the tabloids post but still have your picture in my phone."

"Frantic. What do you want, you barbaric man?" Did I yell slightly in disbelief?

"I want to send you home!" He announced in one go. "Are you afraid that I will eat you up? You don't have to be scared, Emerald!" He reinforced.

I exhaled, keeping my murderous side of me in good relaxation. "Stop calling me that, you thief. Open the door now before I change my mind again!"

He opens it, and I hop in, putting on my seatbelt. He turned on the ignition and started to drive. I squinted slowly to take a look at his horrible face. But my eyes flashed open—This thief is somewhat handsome. Then I remembered those blue ocean eyes from the first time. My eyes diverted to his lips, peach pump pair; I immediately remembered how we kissed nonstop; he's a good kisser—oh good cleansing lord. I shake away the thought from my head.

"What are you looking at?" He smirks, asking from his corner eye.

"Nothing..." I turn away from his face angrily. "Make sure you delete the photo immediately. You drop me off at my yard." I gaze at the side of his face angrily.

His smirk grew wider again. "Signorina Emerald. I think you mistook me. I only said I'll drive you home, not deleting the photo,"

"YOU..." I flame up this instance.

"Signorina Emerald, if you want me to delete this picture, do as I have told you before. Be my woman!" He repeats.

"Are you mad? Stop the car this instance!" I yelled at him angrily. "My name is not emerald; you good for nothing, Greek man. I'm Lorena. Now stop this fabricated junk you call a car." I mumbled in one go.

"You said your name is what?" He asked immediately as he stopped the car, not hearing the name I called for him since I was talking so fast.

I immediately unclipped my seatbelt and got down from the car. It was a red Ferrari. "Signore Driano. Once again, you showed me that you'd remain a dirty-minded frantic. You want me to be your woman, in your dreams. Just forget about that. And I don't want to see you ever and ever again till this world comes to an end and till Christ comes as a thief in the night."