Chapter 14: The Nemesis

Makris spotted his friend Jorginho at their exclusive spot at the corner of the bar and sighed in relief.

Moments later, he frowned when he noticed the woman sitting beside him. He couldn't say he was surprised, though. If there was one thing Jorginho loved more than money, it was women.

Jorginho's face lit up when he spotted Makris. He quickly whispered to their standby bartender, who hurried away.

"My man." He said, stretching his hands to greet his friend.

Makris stretched out his hands and grabbed the shot of tequila instead. In one gulp, he downed it before taking his seat. The two girls beside Jorginho giggled while openly gawking at him.

The redhead stroked a strand of her hair, batting her eyelashes at him. She was calling dibs already. The blonde looked disappointed, but one look at Jorginho, and she was smiling again.

"Someone seems tensed." Jorginho teased, withdrawing his ignored hands.

"There should be more drinks on the table," Makris said, ignoring his friend. He looked around for their bartender. He was sure he had seen the man just a few minutes before.

"Where is Simon?" He asked.

"I told him to go bring more drinks, bro. We started without you, as you can see." He smiled, studying his friend carefully. Markris did look tense. There was not a single trace of a smile on his face. Harsh lines spread across his face like sunlight reflecting on a window.

"Good." He said, settling for the bottle of beer, which did nothing for him. He was not a beer guy. He preferred his tequila shots. They burned just the way he liked it.

Also, he wasn't comfortable with the ladies around. Especially the red hair who was basically eye fucking him now. On any other day, he would have given her what she so desperately craved, but tonight was not the night.

Simon returned with a tray filled with bottles of gin.  "Evening, boss." He brightened, and immediately he saw Makris.

"Pour the shots, Simon." His fingers drummed restlessly on his lap.

"Yes, boss."

The first two shots went down into his throat quickly. He was finally feeling a little bit better. Simon filled the remaining shots and returned beside them, waiting for any other order.

"Leave us, Simon. That will do for the night." He said, taking a shot.

"Okay, boss." Simon bowed and left.

"You two," He pointed his fingers at the girls.

"Leave us too. I need to speak with Jorge alone." Jorginho's eyes widened. He wasn't expecting that at all. Makris always said no tension couldn't be subsided between a woman's thigh. It came as a shock to see him easily dismiss them.

"Oh, common big boy," The redhead drew closer to him. "I can see you're troubled. I can help whichever way you want, you know." She pouted and ran a seductive finger across his thighs.

Any other day, and he may have folded, but he was disgusted by her actions. He pushed her hands away from his thighs and raised his head to address Jorginho.

"Tell your friends to leave us alone." He said, dragging the words between his teeth. He couldn't argue with Markris now. Not when he looked like he could commit murder.

"Well, you heard the man, girls. It's time to leave."

"Is this the night of fun you promised me?" The blonde leaned into him, pouting.

"I know, baby. It's not how we planned, but I'll make it up to you. I promise." He said, planting a kiss on her lip.

The red-haired rolled her eyes and took a shot. "Well, this is a burst." She jumped to her feet, shooting daggers at Jorginho.