Chapter 6: The Uproar Quarrel

In times of great stress or adversity, it's always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive.

~Lee Iacocca~

Lorena Cicero's POV

After much thinking about my late mother, Morena Cicero, I felt my heart weaken at the thought of my carbon copy, my very own lookalike. I was getting prepared to go to work in the orphanage since it's in the evening my father's choice will be coming to visit his Unabridged wife.

"My lady, where are you going to?" Francesca asked with furrowed eyebrows. Looking at me dressed up in a relaxed state. "Have you forgotten you'll be having visitors today by evening, and your father gave us an instruction not to let you go out today," she added.

"He said that?" I grimace in shock. "I'm not running; why would I run? When I know that if I run, then I'm forever ruined. So, allow me to go out, please, please, please I need to visit the orphanage before time," I pleaded.

Francesca looks deeply into my green eyes. "My lady, promise me that you won't go ratchet on anyone. For goodness sake. You're a noble. You dress so lowly that even plebians could think you're poorer than them. And I don't want your father to catch you this way. He'll be home early for the arrival of his friend and his son. You can go now but be sure not to cause a seem in the orphanage."

I probed my lips, looking at her. "Am I that ratchet for you to beg me so much not to cause a scene?"

She looks deeply at me. The kind that holds secrets and informative articles.

"My lady, I know it was you!" She pulled up her apron.

"Me? What did I do?" I asked, looking so confused at her.

She looks up at me with a not so guilty eyes. "My lady," she called. "I've been a maid to this family for long, and also, I've been by your side even in your worst decisions. So I know you were the lady in that picture that was deleted two months ago. You're the lady on that bed, with that birthmark."

My eyes pursued out in surprise. How did she know that it was me? Francesca has been my backbone but was it possible for her to recognize her companions back?

"Ho...How, how did you know?" I stammered as I hurriedly dragged her to the storage room.

She holds her stance to fall from the hard pull I gave her. "My lady. Instinct. I've known you for long; I've served you and this family for long. We've both done good and bad things together without the knowledge of your father."

"Okay, but...but who else knows in the household? Did anyone else say anything?" I fidgetted.

"My lady, but how did you get in trouble with the president?" The fit of the curiosity was embedded in her face.

"It's a long story, Francesca. I'll tell you when I get back, but I hope Roselina doesn't know about it?" I said.

"Go now, my lady!" She urged me as she opened the kitchen window for me to climb my way out.

"Thanks a lot, Francesca; what will I do without you by my side?" I slowly climb off.

"Exactly, nothing, you can't do anything without me," she yells back softly as I slowly climb down my usual passage.

The kitchen window had been my passage root since my mother died. My sister, Verona, and I don't take the front gate because the guards won't allow us to pass, and it might cause a proponent to father, and nobody wants to get to the wrong side of my father.

"Please be back early. I'll cover up for you until you get back," She smiles at me, blowing a kiss in my direction, which was on the wine field.

"Sure will," I blow her a kiss back.