Chapter 24: The Bombshell

Markris was on a business call with Jorginho when he heard a soft knock on his door. He closed his laptop and sat straight. Judging from the lack of force, his father was not standing outside.

"Tell the clients to come around tomorrow. I should be in the office."

"Yes, sir." Jorginho laughed.

"And Jorgi?"

"Yes, boss."

"I'm talking to you as a friend now and not your boss. Drop the sarcastic formalities."

Jorginho laughed loudly, never in a bad mood to piss off his friend. "Okay, talk to me."

"I need you to look into someone for me. I'll send you the details shortly."

"Will do. I need to run now. I have a meeting."

"Yeah, right." Markis rolled his eyes and ended the call.

The only meeting Jorginho had, was on the sheets of a woman's bed. He shook his head, always amused by his friend's stamina when handling women. He had lost some of his interest. He couldn't remember the last time he had been with a woman. Scratch that. He could remember but was too ashamed to admit it. All he knew was that Lorena's presence had done quite a number on him.

Another knock came, and this time, harder than before. He whipped his head around, glaring at the door. One would think it was common sense to leave when you've knocked on a door and gotten no response.

"What do you want?" He asked, raising his voice.

"It's me." He heard that singsong voice and his heart leaped a bit.

"Lorena." He muttered.

The last time she had been in his room, he told her he would not touch her until she asked him to.

"Oh, that wasn't this room." He suddenly remembered. This was his office room. She had been in his bedroom. Maybe he had indeed been wasted that day.

"What could she possibly want now?" He wondered as he stood up to open the door for her.

"Hey." She waved.

She had taken off that ridiculous dress, thank God. Now she was putting on some short flowery gown and let her hair down. Also, her scent filled his nostrils, drawing him further in. All he wanted to do was bend her over his desk and bury her to the hilt.

He cleared his throat and shook his head to wade off his disturbing thoughts.

"What do you want?" He said, folding his hands. Her eyes followed the small action, which rested on his muscles. She felt herself flush and immediately averted her gaze.

"I want to speak to you in private. May I come in?"

"I don't let women into my office space." He replied, leaning on the doorframe.

Lorena was caught between shock and annoyance. He always made these little misogynistic jokes, and it was all to get on her nerves. She had come with a sincere heart towards him and heard him reminding her why all mighty men were the same. There was no difference between him and her father.

"I've been to your office before, remember?"

"No, you've barged into my office before. I don't remember letting you in." He said, a lopsided grin appearing on his face as he watched her eyes pop open.

"Wasn't there a woman in your office when I came in?" She said, determined not to lose this silent war.

"A woman I paid for. Those are the only exceptions. If you want to come into my office, you agree that I'll pay to do whatever I want with you." He casually shrugged, resting his lazy eyes on her face.