47: Calm

Elyse POV

I walk in the house behind him, I see the heels at the front door, in the shoe case. It's weird it feels like I'm invading in someone else's life. Like I'm taking away someone else's life.

But it's just me. This was my life. He was my husband.

I see the picture wall and it catches my eye .

"Wait." I say, as Sin pushes the wheel chair. He stops immediately.

"I just um- can I look at your pictures?" I ask.

"It's our. Our pictures. It's me and you, Elyse." He says, and I can sense the hurt in his voice.

I don't know what to do. I don't mean to hurt him. But I'm lost. I have to live this new life with a bunch of strangers. I can't just adjust to everything so quick.

He helps me up, holding me by my waist. I look at the pictures, pictures of us together. One of us hiking. One of me and him in a picnic with a painting canvas. One of me and him with me showing off a ring on my finger.

And one of us, hugging each other, he has an angry look on his face and I have a big smile as I squish his face. I realize we both look younger in that photo. Maybe 16.

I find myself smiling at the photos.

I looked so happy.

I look back at sin, seeing that he's already looking at me. His eyes telling me how much pain he's in. My smile falls, as I feel a pang to my chest.

He suddenly picks me up bridal style, and I squeal in surprise.

"I'm just taking you upstairs, our rooms there." He says. I nod, putting my hands around his neck.

He brings me up to a room, opening the door. My eyes look around the beautiful room. It definitely looks like something I decorated.

He puts me down on the big comfortable bed.

"Let me grab you some clothes, and run you a bath." He says heading to some room and coming out with some underwear, pajama shorts and a hoodie.

I feel my cheeks blush in embarrassment that he brought me underwear but I guess it's no big deal. He is my husband.

He drifts off into some room and I hear the bath running. After 5 minutes he comes and picks me up again. He sets me down on the edge of the bath, as I look down seeing the beautiful bath he's run. A sheer bag in it probably some sort of lavender bath soak since I can smell it. And it's colored lavender.

"Do you want me to help you get in?" He asks.

I quickly shake me head. I wouldn't let some stranger see me naked. Not a stranger. I remind myself.

"No it's okay." I say.

He nods leaving, as I undress and get in the bath. I sigh in relief of the warm water. I brings my hand to push my hair away and feel something on my chest.

I open my eyes looking down and I see the scar of bullet. The stitching of the wound. A little above where my heart is.

I shut my eyes as I suddenly feel a sharp pain in my head.

~~
"I don't know what's happening. But I promise I won't let anything happen to you. I'll die before I let anything happen to you." I whisper, laying down beside him, pushing his hair out of his face.

He groans as he stirs, turning and facing me. He grabs me, pulling me in his chest, wrapping his arms around me. He cuddles me in his half sleep state.
~~