1

"Can't you come with me, Becka?" I sigh, turning away from my now packed bag.

She sets down the blanket she was folding, "You know I can't, bubs, no matter how much I want to."
She puts her hands on my shoulders and smiles, "But, don't worry, i'll come visit as soon as I can."

I nod my head, "I know, dad's right. I need to get a hold on this shifting thing, before I end up hurting someone." she rubs my arms before pulling away and grabbing a badly wrapped object from the hallway.

I laugh as I grab it from her, laying it on my bed, "Well, I wonder what this could be?"
She hits the back of my head, "Oh, shut up. I thought you'd like a new surfboard to take with you."

I smile and give her a hug, "Thank you, Rebecca. You're the best."

"Oh, you're gonna make me blush, bub, come on lets go eat. Its our last dinner together, I want to make sure its nice."

We carefully make our way out of my room, stepping around and over boxes filled with all of my junk. We walk into the dining room to see Rebecca's husband, Solomon, setting the table.

He turns around and smiles, giving me a hug when he hears us come in, "Oh, I'm gonna miss you Rome, its gonna be so quiet without you here."

"I'll miss you too, Sol."

"Now, come on! Eat! I made all of your favorites, including," he quickly runs into the kitchen, returning a moment later with a cake that has a wolf on it, "a chocolate cake, and I added the details myself."

Solomon was a professional surfer, one of the best I had ever met, and the person who taught me, but on the side he likes to bake and decorate cakes, which he was also really good at.
I don't think there is much he couldn't do, which made me happy that my sister found someone like him.

"Since we won't be able to have your birthday here, we decided to celebrate it early, so you got a cake for dessert and a few presents."
I smile and give both of them a hug, "Thank you guys so much. YOu guys are the best family I could ever ask for. Thank you for letting me come with you when you left, I don't know what I would have done without you, Becks."

She gives me another smile and one last squeeze before pulling away and motioning at the table, "Come on, birthday boy. Make a wish."

____________________________________

Last night had gone by in a blur; dinner, then cake and presents. Afterwards, we played one last board game together before I had to go to sleep.
Now, I was stepping out of Sol's car at the airport, getting my bags out of the trunk.

When I came back to the front, Rebecca was holding onto her husband crying, "Oh, Rome, I'm gonna miss you so much." She came up and pulled me into a big hug, "YOu better call me, and tell me everything that's going on. Say hi to dad and Jake for me."

I pulled back a little, "I don't think Jake's gonna be very happy with either of us Beck's, I mean with what he said when we left."

"Doesn't matter what Jake says, you were always the best of us. Why do you think you shifted before anyone else in out family?"

I rolled my eyes, "You know that not everyone in the family has the wolf gene, Becks. Dad told us that."
SHe huffs, "Well, I was just trying to cheer you up." She sees my face, and her eyes soften, "I know you don't want to go back, bubs, I know its hard. But its time to move on, thats what she would have wanted. SHe would have wanted you safe at home, instead of an ocean away."

I laugh, "You know, you should take your own advice one of these days, Becks. It might do you some good."

SHe chuckles and gives me one last watery smile, "I'm gonna miss you so much, Roman. Just know you can come back anytime, no matter the day or the time, if you want to come home, then come home. I know you're gonna do great things, Rome."

She smooths my hair, "Remember: do what you want, not what the others want, Ok? I don't care if Sam is the Alpha or not, if you don't agree with what he's doing, don't do it." I nod, "I love you, Bubs, take good care of yourself, 'k?"

"Of course I will, Becks. I love you so much, both of you. I'll call you as soon as i'm back in La Push."
I start walking to the doors after one last hug to both of them, "And Sol, don't forget to send me video's if you make a new move, don't want you to forget I'm better than you." I wink at him as I hear them both laugh.

"Don't worry, Rome, I will."

With that, I head towards my terminal in the small Hawaiian airport, smiling at some of the familiar faces as I walk through. I take my suitcase and surfboard to the baggage area, giving them to a nice looking girl, before starting to board the small passenger plane.

We lift off about ten minutes later, and I put some headphones in, and watch out the window for a few hours before dozing off.

_____________________________________

I wake up a few minutes before we land, and when I look out the window, all I see is rain. Thats definitely one of the many things I will miss, the sun. The bright, warm days where Sol and I would surf until the sun set, casting beautiful hues of color across the sky.
Here, I would be lucky to ever get a full day of sun.

When I get off the plane in Port Angeles, I quickly make sure all of my stuff is accounted for before grabbing my surfboard from Rebecca. It was a simple thing; completely white, except for the Quileute tribal tattoo she had printed on one end.

Carrying my stuff, I make my way to the exit where I see my dad's old truck, the one he got after-

Nevermind.

I can see him sitting with his arm up against the window, which I knock on when I get close enough, he turns and gives me a big smile, rolling the window down.

"Roman, is that you, son? You've grown so much! Its good to see you." I give him a small smile as I fidget with my bag, "Oh, you can just set your stuff in the back, I made sure to put a cover on it, so nothing should get wet."

"Thanks." I move to the back of the truck and pull the tailgate down, first sliding my board in and then my suitcase, keeping my carryon with me since it has all the things Sol and Becka gave me for my birthday. I look at my dad's wheelchair and sigh before closing the gate.

I walk to the passenger side and hop in, quickly buckling myself in.

"Everyone is real happy that you're back, Rome. Especially your old friends, Quil and Embry. You should have seen their faces when they heard the news, they're planning a big welcome party, so try to act surprised."

I laugh, "Of course they are." I pause for a moment, "and what about Jake, how does he feel about me coming back?"

Dad sighed, "I think inside he's happy, I mean, you two were so close when you were younger, I think he just felt betrayed when you and Becka left him here. Sam's going to want to talk to you today, so be ready for that, ok?"

I nod, "I figured he'd want to."

We were both silent the rest of the way to Forks, and eventually La Push.

A/N

I'm really excited for this book, and since its coming in kinda late to New Moon, like Bella is starting to hang with Jake more, and he's shifting really soon, its not gonna be too long.

Buuut, If you guys like this one, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna make it a series, so Roman is gonna be a part of Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn, which I'm really excited for!!

Hope you enjoyed!

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!

<3