3

We arrived at Sam’s about 5 minutes later.

Standing outside waiting for us was a guy in ripped denim shorts, Paul Lahote, if I remember correctly.

I quickly shift back and grab a pair of shorts he handed me, putting them on and walking in through the glass door.

Inside, I see multiple boys sitting in chairs, snacking on muffins, while a young woman with marks on her face is kissing Sam.

They pull away after a moment and the woman sees me, “Oh, you must be Roman!”

SHe comes around the counter and gives me a hug, “It’s so good to finally meet you, these guys won't shut up about you coming back. I'm Emily.”

“Well, well, well. If it isn't the pack baby.”

I roll my eyes and look at Jared, “Really? I might be the youngest, but i'm one of the biggest so, who’s really the baby here?”

“I’d say you are, Rome.”

I turn around to see Jake leaning against the doorway, his hair full of sticks, and he’s covered in mud, as am I.

“Oh, you two should get yourselves cleaned up before anything else.” Emily gives us both a warm smile, “There's a bathroom upstairs to the left and one right down the hall at the end, why don't you two go take a shower.”

“Thank you, Emily.” I smile as I make my way past her and Sam, giving him a nod.

After a quick shower, I find myself back in the main room, sitting at the table beside Paul and Jared, eating some of Emily’s muffins. A few minutes later, Jake finally makes his way back downstairs with his long hair still in a ponytail.

“Finally, now we can get down to business.” Jared says, sitting a little straighter, as Sam stands up and looks at me.

“I'm guessing you two know the legends of our tribe?”

“The story of the cold ones, right?”

He nods, “Yes, many years ago, your great grandfather, Ephraim Black, was the leader of our tribe. Thats when they first met the Cullens. He had found them hunting on our land, animals, not humans. And so, to keep from fighting or any disagreements, they made the treaty. For a while, the Cullens left, the pale faces were getting a little suspicious of how they never aged. But they came back from Alaska a few years ago.”

Sam was now sitting beside Emily in a chair, “Thats when I first shifted, there hadn’t been many shifters in a long time. The gene had become rare in our blood. And even if you did have it, you still might not be able to shift. I was alone, until Jared and Paul shifted a few months later. With the help of the Elder’s, we made the Uley pack. Slowly, more and more of us began to shift, and it became imperative that we learned to control the wolf, our natural instincts to keep from hurting others.”

“Once we are a part of the pack, we are a family, brothers and sisters, we protect each other. I need you two to promise me that you will uphold that oath to protect your brothers.”

I nodded, “Of course I will.” Sam nodded at me, then looked at Jake, who also reluctantly agreed.

Sam sighed, “Now, I have an important question to ask the two of you. You are both grandsons of Ephraim Black, the last true alpha, which means, you are both entitled to the title should you choose it.”

I looked at Jake, who’s eyes were wide, “What? Alpha, you want me to be alpha?”

Sam shook his head, “You don't have to be, its entirely your choice. I could remain ALpha should you both deny it, but if you should want it, I couldn't stand in your way.”

I looked back at Sam, “Is there a way we could both be Alpha’s? I mean, I know next to nothing about any of this, and you know a lot.”

Sam shrugged, “I could mentor you if you like, on commands and other things. You definitely have the size of an alpha, almost as big as me, and you definitely know how to use your alpha voice but there is much more to it than that.”

“Could you? Mentor me, I mean. I don't want to be alpha right now, and I don't know if I ever will, but it’d be nice to train.”

Sam smiled, “Of course, I would be happy to, one day there would need to be a successor should something ever happen to me.”

I nodded and he continued, “Now, imprints; do you know what they are?”

Both Jake and I shook our heads, “They’re like mates. The one person you are made to be with. The perfect person for you.” Emily smiles and kisses his cheek, she must be his, I thought.

“When you’re eyes meet, that’s when you’ll know. It feels like the world has stopped spinning and that there’s nothing holding you down anymore, just them.”

He looked away from where he was lovingly watching Emily as she was now cooking in the kitchen, back to us, “Now, imprints are very rare, and not every shifter gets one, so don’t take it for granted. If you do, you will most likely regret it for the rest of your life.”

Both Jacob and I nod, “And finally, we have to talk about the mark.”

At that, all of the pack turn to show their left shoulder, which has a tribal tattoo on it, “These mark you as a part of the pack, it will be over quick.”

I watch as Colin, who had been missing during the meeting, came in through the front door with a tattoo gun.

He comes to me first, and I watch, fascinated as he freehands the tattoo, watching as all the lines turn into a beautiful design.

When he’s done I watch as he walks over to my brother, who is now sitting in front of Emily as she cut all his hair off.
I watched as long strands fell to the floor and Emily sweep them up before Collin began his tattoo. About an hour later, we were done.

I looked to Sam, “I thinks its time I go, its getting late, Ill see you guys later.”

He nodded and I looked at Jake, he was glaring at me, “I'm gonna stay for awhile.”

I shrugged, “Whatever, see you tomorrow.”

I said goodbye to all the guys and Emily gave me a hug, making sure I promised to come around often.
I finally found myself back in the woods, where I took off the denim shorts I had, and shifted, picking them up in my mouth, before heading home.

When I got there, I found dad asleep at the table, I quickly helped him into his bed before going to my room, where my stuff had now been brought to.

I changed into some comfier clothes, just shorts because everything else made me hot, and laid down, falling asleep to the sound of rain on the roof.

A/N

Another chapter!

I hope you guys are enjoying this as much as I am, I'm having a lot of fun writing this!

We're hopefully gonna have some baby Seth soon, as well as Bella!

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!!

<3