8

Thank you, mooneylupin1 for asking me to do more 3rd person because I quite enjoyed writing this, hope you enjoy!!

3rd POV

The hunt began the next day. 

Charlie and Harry had brought a couple men out to help track the “bears”. There were six men in their hunting party with Charlie leading in the front and Harry closing it in the back.

They are carefully walking through the brush when Henry stops, unnoticed at first by the others, to look at something on the ground.

A paw print. A big paw print. 

He quickly looks up, covering the markings with his foot when his friend and Chief, Charlie, calls from up ahead, “You got something, Harry?”

The man in question shook his head, making sure the track was dusted away, “Nope, nothin’”

Charlie nods and motions for the party to move forward. Harry once again looks around him for any more markings as they continue forward. He’s on high alert. He knows they’re not alone, and its definitely not the wolves Harry is worried about.

He readjusts the rifle in his hands as he watches Charlie go under a big tree just ahead of them. For a moment, there's a blur. Then, right above Charlie's head, balancing on a branch, stood a pale, redheaded woman.

His steps faltered for a moment and he stepped on a branch. The woman's head quickly shot over towards him and he tried to bring his gun up, but it was too late.

Victoria is on him in moments, a deadly smirk on her face, and teeth on full display as she knocks the gun from the man’s hands. She grabs him and leans in to bite before she is ripped away as a giant russet-brown wolf pounces on her from the side.

The two quickly rolled down the hill as the rest of the pack flew down the slope in pursuit. Jacob and Sam were nipping at the women's heels as she sped through the trees. They could almost taste her quick spike of terror as Roman burst from the trees ahead in an attempt to trap her. 

In a blur of fur and fiery red, she jumped above the balck and white wolf and into the trees.

The wolves continued the chase all the way to the cliffs where she jumped off and dived into the water.

Roman and Jacob slid to a stop at the edge, panting.

I seriously hate vampires, Roman growled.

He could hear breathless yips of agreement from behind him as the rest of the pack caught up.

He was about to shift back when the wind blew a new scent towards him. He lifted his nose to the air before jerking his head towards Jacob, who’s eyes were panicked.

Bella, he thought

_______________________________________

If there was one thing humans as a whole were not ready for, it was death.
No matter that it happens everyday.
No matter that it happens to all different people from all walks of life, they still find it surprising when it happens.

And so, when Charlie Swan ran over to find his lifelong friend, Harry Clearwater collapsed on the ground, he was surprised, scared. He denied it, called for help, for it couldn't be true. Sure, Harry was getting a little on in years, but like this? It couldn’t be real. 

The rest of the trackers had helped take Harry to the hospital. It was a heart attack, the doctors said, and as he watched Harry’s family, his wife and children burst into tears from the news, he realized something.