5

We stared at each other for a few moments before she smirked and in a flash, she was pulling me down in the water. Faintly, I could hear Bella screaming above the water.

I tried to fight her off, but I wasn't strong enough, I could feel the water hissing against me, and I could once again feel a shift coming on.

In a moment, I was once again a huge black and white wolf, and I snarled at the female vampire as her eyes widened. All of a sudden, I was the one pushing her, back to the surface. Within a minute, we were almost above the water when she gave a snarl and disappeared. I quickly shifted back, glad that somehow, my swimming trunks had been pulled off before my shift as I found them above the water and quickly put them back on.

I pulled myself back on the board, and waved at Bella, telling her I was ok. I saw a wave coming and decided, I would ride at least one before I left. When I finally got back to shore, Bella slapped my face, wincing as she held her hand.

“What the heck happened? I looked up and you were gone, do you know how scared i was?”

“I'm fine, Bella. Is your hand ok?”

SHe nodded, “yeah, just stings a little, but its fine.”

“Thats good, come on, I think I’ve had enough of the beach for today. WHy don't we go get something to eat at the diner?”

“THat sounds good.”

I let her go up the stairs to the lot first, taking one last look across the water. In the distance is the red-headed woman standing with a dark-skinned man. I quickly turn back around and help Bella into the car, driving away as fast as I can.

When we finally get to the diner, I tell Bella to go get us a table cause I had to call my sister. As soon as she shut the door, I pulled my phone out and dialled Sam’s number,

“You told me the Cullen’s were gone.”

They are.” he replied

“Then who the heck was the vampire that just tried to drown me?”

There's been a few nomads around, we haven't been able to catch them.”

“Well we need to do something, we cant just let them roam free.”

I could hear him sigh, “Come over to the house tonight, we’ll go on a hunt.”

With that I headed inside with Bella, trying to put the whole thing to the back of my mind

____________________________

A few hours later, I dropped Bella off at her house, “It was good to see you again, Rome, I forgot what it felt like to have a little brother.”

I gave her a hug and a smile, “Me too, it was nice catching up.” She waved goodbye as she walked into her house.

I got in the pickup and drove home, quickly telling my father where I was going, before running into the trees and shifting.

It felt good to be able to run, feel the wind blow through my fur. I wasn't able to do this back with Becca and Sol, too many people. I was lucky that I didn't hurt anyone the day I shifted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a sunny day, not a cloud in the sky, and the water was clear. Becca had taken the day off to spend with us at the beach.

Sol and I were having a surfing competition, trying to outdo the other, until randomly, a horrible stink reached my nose. I asked my sister if she smelt it and it seemed I was the only one that could.

After about ten minutes, the smell was gone, but I started to feel sick.

“Bec, I don't feel so good.”

SHe reached forward and felt my forehead, she quickly pulled back, “You're on fire! COme on, lets get you home.” SHe turned to yell at Sol, “Solomon! Roman’s sick.”

Thwy both quickly rushed me back up to the house.

“Rebecca, we have to take him to the hospital, he has a fever of 107! He could die!”

“I know, Sol! But this isn't just a bug or a virus. There's a legend in my tribe…”

I don't remember much of the next few hours, just excruciating pain, and feeling like I'm burning from the inside out.
Rebecca and Sol had taken me back outside and laid me on the sand. She was sitting right beside me when it happened; the first shift.

It felt like all of my bones were breaking, and I heard screaming. A moment later, it stopped and I opened my eyes, to see a black and white paws in front of my face.

I quickly stood up, losing my balance for a moment. I looked up and my sister was standing with her hands raised, I growled.

I could feel my ears flatten against my head as I bared my teeth and snarled.

“Roman,” she said, “Its ok, calm down. You're not gonna hurt me, its ok.”

After a second, my ears perked up and I tilted my head. SHe took that as a sign and stepped forward.
I snarled and ran for the trees.

“ROMAN!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't hurt anyone, thankfully. I passed out from exhaustion soon after I ran, and shifted. Rebecca and Sol found me curled up under a tree.

When I returned my focus to the world, I noticed I was already at Sam’s and I quickly changed back, putting on the shorts I had carried, and walked into the house.

A/N

Another chapter!

Hope you guys enjoyed it!
Theres a little peak into Roman's shift and his past!!

Seth with be coming soooonn!!!

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!!

Abbi <3