6

The whole pack was here, including Jake, and Sam stood up, “We may have treaty with the Cullens, but we don't with these nomads. There's a man and a woman, both very deadly, so be on high alert.” He looks at me.

“The woman has bright red hair and is pale, the man has dreads and very dark skin. They should both be pretty easy to spot, but be careful, she’s smart.”

They all nod at me, “Well, what are we waiting for?” Jacob asks, standing up, “lets go kill some bloodsuckers.”

______________________________

We all left the house, quickly shifting and running into the woods. For a while, there was nothing; no scent, no tracks. Until finally, I smelled something, I looked at Jake,

Bella

Sam let me take the lead as I followed Bella’s trail through the trees. The closer we got, the more I could smell a second scent, vampire.

We came to the edge of a clearing, still hidden in the trees. I could see Bella standing there with the dark-skinned vampire.

“No, no, no. Don't be upset. I'm doing you a kindness. VIctoria plans on killing you slowly, painfully- whereas I’ll make it very quick.” He takes a deep breath, inhaling her scent, “And you smell so… mouthwatering.”

He was now inching closer to Bella’s neck as she closed her eyes and whispered, “Edward, I love you.”

Sam and I take that moment to stalk out of the brush, into view.

“I… don't believe it.”

The vampire was now looking at us, with a terrified look on his face. I could hear Bella gasp as the rest of the pack came out behind us.
Sam motioned for the pack to run, but Jake and I stayed beside Bella for a moment,

‘Bella’ I thought, she quickly ripped her eyes away from Jake to look at me in shock, ‘its ok, we won't hurt you.’

With that, I took off after the vampire, Jake soon behind me.
When we caught up with the pack, the vampire was circled. A few of my packmates stepped to the side to let me stalk through as I snarled at the man.

HIs eyes were wide, but he wasn't going without a fight. He launched himself at me and I crouched, meeting him in the middle and pinning him down.
I bared my teeth and growled as I brought my mouth to his throat, ripping it out. A moment later, I pulled the rest of his head off as well, and the pack shifted so we could start a fire.

As we were burning the males corpse, I looked up into the trees to see a faint figure of a woman before she sped away. WHen its done, we all shift back and head to our homes.

______________________________

By the time we get home, its pouring rain, and Jake and I are already soaked.
We walk up to the house with the rest of the pack behind us, and see an orange truck in the driveway.

Bella

Jake takes a deep breath as we continue up to the house. Bella sees us and gets out of her truck running towards us.

“You cut your hair.” SHe says looking at Jacob’s hair

“Go away, Bella.”

“What happened to you, both of you?” She questions, “You cut your hair, got tattoos?”
She pauses when she sees Sam and the pack in the distances, “I can help you, did Sam get to you?”

“Sam’s trying to help me, don't blame him.”

“Then who?” she demands.

Jake steps a little closer to her, “How ‘bout those filthy, reeking bloodsuckers you love? The Cullens.”

Her eyes widen, “I… don't know what you're-”

Jake is shaking now, getting close to a shift, “You know exactly what I'm-”

“Jake, calm down.” He glares at me and doesn't do anything.
I shake my head and grab his shoulder, turning him to look me in the eye, “Calm. Down. Now.”

He grits his teeth, trying to fight the command, but finally gives up, calming down and looking back at Bella, “We can’t be friends anymore.”

Bella takes a shaky breath, “Jake, I know I hurt you. I should have been more up-front with but - I needed you, I still do. I need both of you.” I turn my head away, “i don't know what that means yet, but if you give me time-”

“Stop. Don't. Its not you -”

“'Its not you, its me', right? God!”

“Its true, I'm not… good.”

“You're wrong, Jake,-”

“It doesn't matter, this is over-”

She's close to tears now, “I cant lose one of my best friends, too.”

“You already have.”

“Don't say that, you promised-”

“Go home, Bella, don't come back.”

I watch as he turns away and goes back to Sam, “Bella, I'm so sorry, just, give him some time, ok?”

She is crying now as she nods and makes her way back to her truck. I watch her until she disappears down the road before turning back to find Jake.

Hes sitting up against a tree, and I go and smack him against his head, “Real smooth, brother. Broke the poor girls heart.”

He doesn't answer, so I just roll my eyes and make my way back to the house. This brother of mine is going to give me a headache

A/N

A bit shorter than the last few chapters, but i hope you enjoy it!

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!

Abbi <33