7

Over the next few days, we welcome a few new members to the pack; Quil and Embry.

They adjusted pretty well, thankfully. They're both good trackers and are pretty fast.

Bella on the other hand… well its complicated with her. Jake snuck into her house one night to talk with her, but he couldn't tell her anything, which led to what's happening right now;

Bella had just pulled up to the edge of the woods.

“What the hell did you do?!” Paul asked, turning to Jacob.

“I didn't tell her. You’d know if I did.”

I roll my eyes, “Yeah, we all know that you, of all people, can't fight an alphas orders.”

Jake turns and glares at me, “Shut up, Roman.”

Bella was now advancing on us, “What did you do to Jacob?”

“What we did?” Paul laughs, going up to Bella.

Jake and I both move towards her, but I get there first, blocking his path as Jake says,

“Sam, she knows things about the bloodsuckers. She's been on the inside. She can help-”

“Like a leech lovers gonna help us.”

I push Paul away from Bella, “What did you call her?” I ask.

Embry steps forward, “Get a grip guys.”

Bella is now trying to diffuse the situation, “Its alright. Jake, Rome, I’ll go.”

Sam uses his alpha voice, “Paul, back off.”

He doesn't hear it, only getting up in Jacob’s face, “- and she doesn't give a damn about you -”

Jacob is now vibrating and I look towards him, trying to stop him before he pushes Paul, but i'm too late. He sends Paul flying and lands a good 10 feet away, and shifts.

“Jake get Bella away.” He isn't listening, I look towards him, “NOW. Jake. She’ll get hurt.”

Bella is now freaking out as Jake pushes her behind him, “Rome! Run!”

I look back at Paul, whos about to jump at Jake, and I jump and shift midair, landing with a thud as I bare my teeth at Paul. He launches himself at me, and we roll into the trees. We kick up dirt, and knock into trees as we snap and bite at each other.

3rd POV

“Oh my god!” Bella is freaking out as she watches a big silver wolf fight an even larger black and white one through the trees.

Sam Uley, one of the Alphas, looks to Jared and Jacob, “Take her back to Emily’s.”

He runs into the woods, leaving an awkward silence behind, broken only when Embry jokingly says, “Well, I guess the wolfs out of the bag!”

_________________________

Now at Emily’s house, Embry looks to Jared, “Pay up. She didn't puke.”

He sighs and hands Embry $5.

“Told you she was tough,” He says, putting the money in his pocket, “She does run with bloodsuckers.”

Bella looks at Jake, worried, “Wait, we should go back, your brother could get hurt.”

Jared turns around, “I hope Paul sinks some teeth into him, serves him right.”

Jake rolls his eyes, “As much as I hate to admit it, he’s a natural.”

“Yeah,” Embry agrees, “Did you see him phase on the fly? I gotta fiver say Paul doesn't touch him.”

“Easy Money,” Jared says, “Pauls been at it longer.”

They all turn around when they notice Bella hasn't moved, “Come on in. We won't bite.” Embry assures her.

Jared scoffs, “Speak for yourself.”

Embry pauses before following Jared and Jacob inside, “Oh, hey, about Emily - Sams fiance - just try not to stare. It bugs Sam.”

Bella’s eyebrows furrow, “Why would I stare?” She follows the boys inside to see a nice kitchen and dining room, filled with guys from the pack.

She slowly walks in and a woman is in the kitchen, “You guys hungry? Like I have to ask.” she turns around, and Bella can now see the 3 marks across her face, “Who’s this?”

Jared grabs a muffin, “Bella Swan. Who else?”

Emily nods, “So you're the vampire girl.”

“And you're a- you're all-”

“Werewolves? I'm just engaged to one.” Emily finishes and she slaps Embry’s hand, “save some for your brothers.

_____________________________

Roman POV:

Paul and I laughed as we walked back up to Emily’s house, pushing each other around. He walks in first and sits down beside Bella, while I go straight for the muffins, “Amazing as always, Em.”

She gives me a smile, patting my head, “Of course, eat as many as you want.”

“That looks bad,” I look over to where Bella is pointing at Pauls arm, where a small gash can be seen.

I scoff as Paul starts whining about how it hurts, “Come on, baby, you’ve been hurt before.”

We begin arguing and I watch as Bella and Jacob sneak off down the beach, rolling my eyes.

“Did you guys hear?”

We all stop talking and look at Embry who is sitting on the stairs, “Harry said that there’s gonna be a hunting party looking for us. They're going straight through where that bloodsucker likes to hide out.”

“When?” I ask, sitting forward.

“Tomorrow.”

Sam steps forward now, “Then we need to be there, ready to hunt. We cant have anything happen to those hunters, especially Charlie or Harry. There's no telling what Jacob would do if Bella told him something.”

“She needs to be watched,” Jacob now walks back in with Bella behind him, “Victoria won't stop until she has Bella, we’ll need to have someone on watch, just in case.”

“Why don't you do it?” I ask him.

He rolls his eyes, “Because I’m gonna be the one to kill this last bloodsucker.”

With that, he and Bella walk back out the door and hop in her truck, leaving us in silence. Its broken a moment later when Emily brings out some more muffins and some steak.

“Oohooo, look. At. that.” Paul says as he rubs his hands together, the mark on his arm now a faint line.

We all get up and grab some plates, feasting on Emily’s amazing food. Definitely not as good as Solomons or Rebecca’s though.

A/N

Heyyyyyyy, another chapter!!

Seth is coming really soon!
Hopefully within the next two or so chapters...

Also, I'm at school rn and I hate it, I have a headache and can't wait to go home, thankfully there's only like 10 minutes left

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!

Abbi <3