2

We pulled up to my childhood home, it hadn’t changed much, except maybe a little more run down.

There were quite a few cars and trucks parked outside, which I knew was due to the “secret surprise party” that my old friends Quil and Embry were throwing.

We leave my stuff in the back of the truck for later, and step out. It was no longer pouring rain, just drizzling as we walked up the ramp to the door.

Dad told me to go first, and as soon as I opened the door, there was a loud chorus of ‘surprise!’s ‘welcome back!’s and I was engulfed in a huge bear hug by two guys.

“Woah, I do gotta breathe y’know.” the two let me go and I could see their faces, Embry and Quil. THey both had stupidly huge smiles on their faces.

“Long time no see,” I said, punching their shoulders, they both winced a little, “Dang, you guys have changed, a lot.”

“Says you, I mean, you gotta be at least, what? 6'4"?” Quil asks, looking at Embry.

“Nah, I’d say like 6'6", easy.”

We laughed as we walked into the living room, which was filled with people I hadn’t seen in years.

“Mrs. Clearwater, is that you?” I go up to Sue, giving her a big hug, “How are Leah and Seth? How old are they now?”

She gives me a motherly smile, she was an old friend of my dads and 8 had known her forever, although I haven'tever seen much of her children, “Leah’s about 19 now, if you can believe it, and Seth. Seth is almost 16.”

I look around, trying to find either of them, “Are they here, or?”

She shook her head, “No, they’re at home, Leah hasn't been feeling well and Seth didn't want to come without her. Sam Should be looking for you, he’s-”

She's cut off by the front door banging open. Standing in the doorway is a tall, muscled boy with long, dark hair.

Jacob.

I quickly make my way to him, “Jake? Are you ok? What’s wrong?”

He looks up, and I see his eyes are very dilated and hes covered in sweat, “I-I don't know, I feel funny.”

I put my hand on his forehead, he was burning up. I quickly look back at my dad with wide eyes, he nods. I quickly grab Jacob by the shoulders and turn him, pushing him out the door.

“Hey! What’re you doing?” He asks.

“Just trust me, ok?

I go up beside him, and he leans heavily on me as we make our way to the treeline where I can see Sam and what I guess is the pack standing.

The rain is now pouring, soaking the t-shirt I have on. Jacob tells me to stop, but I don't, which causes him to get angrier.

He pushes me away, causing himself to fall, before standing back up. I can see the steam coming off of his body, and hear the rain hissing as it touches him.

I can see him start trembling, and I quickly take my shirt off, not wanting to ruin any more clothes than I have to.

“Jake,” I say, “You have to calm down, ok? Breathe. It's going to be ok, it might hurt at first, but you’re going to be ok.”

He starts growling, “What’s going on?! What's happening, why do I feel like this?”

“Jacob-”

“NO!” With that, he finally transforms into a huge russet brown wolf.

I quickly back up as he crouches down and stalks towards me. He growls at me, trying to make me submit, but he seems to forget that hes only older by 6 minutes.

I feel my shift coming on and I growl back at him as I turn into a slightly bigger black and white wolf. I hear pounding coming from behind me and a moment later I see a jet black wolf come to a stop beside me and many others behind him.

I turn my attention back to Jacob just as he launches himself at me. The impact makes my teeth chatter, and we go rolling in the mud. I kick him off after a second, sending him sprawling ten feet away.

I get back on my paws and bear my teeth at him, ‘You think you can beat me?’ I ask as I stalk closer to him, ‘You think you can fight me?’

He seems surprised that he can hear me in his head, but gets over it quickly.
He gets to his feet and bears his snarls at me as well, ‘You can’t always win, Roman.’

I then hear many other voices in my head, some familiar, some not. ‘Roman? Black is back?’
‘Ha, I knew he would shift, you owe me $20, Collin.’

Silence

Its not a loud command, but it causes most of the wolves to cower, including my brother.
After a moment, he turns and flees into the woods. A few minutes later, we hear a lone howl.

I turn to the black wolf, who is only slightly bigger than me, ‘Sam’ I acknowledge.

He bows his head in greeting, giving me a kind of wolfy smile, ‘Roman. Good to see you back. I think you should go find your brother, then both of you should come to my house, we have a lot to discuss.”

We stare at each other for a moment more before he and the rest of the wolves turn and speed into the woods.
I watch where they disappeared for a moment before looking back at the house where I can see my father and Sue Clearwater watching me. They both nod and I quickly take off, following my brothers scent before it is completely washed away.

I find him sitting in an old lumber yard, looking at his reflection in a puddle of water. I slowly come up to him to show that I am not a threat, ‘Jake

He slightly flinches and turns around quickly with his teeth bared and tail in the air.

I walk a little bit closer, ‘Sam wants to speak with us. We better go, don't want to make the Alpha angry.’

He starts to calm down and asks, ‘what’s happening?’
I could feel slight fear in the echo of his voice, ‘Come on, Jacob, Sam will explain everything.’

A moment later, we hear a piercing howl, telling us to come to the alpha.

I quickly turn and start running towards where I think Sam's house was, knowing that Jacob would follow.

A/N

Here's chapter 2!

Hope you enjoyed, I'm really enjoying writing this, its fun to be writing about the wolves for a change!

I'm gonna keep writing and hopefully update some more of this!

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!!

<3