My soul left me!!

Dhruv paced up and down the corridor with his glancing at the OT door.
The clock displayed 1 at night but sleep was far from Dhruv's eyes. His gray orbs glistened with tears.
"There he is," Anu pulled Rikar towards the back facing Dhruv.
"Excuse me Mr Trivedi," Rikar called him out.
Dhruv turned back and was stunned.
"Dhruv..." Rikar gasped.
"Well Dhruv...this is Rikar, Devanika's psychiatrist, whom she had been consulting and Rikar this is Dhruv..." She stopped as she looked at the men looking at each other stunned.
"Psychiatrist??" Dhruv muttered.
"You are Devanika's bf??" Rikar asked back.
This was something beyond shock.
What the hell had the almighty planned??

"What the fuck??" Ruvay cursed the man on other end, "How did that bitch escape??"
"..."
"Where is she now??"
"..."
"Fuck, that's my brother's hospital, I can do nothing, Shit..."
"..."
"Just shut the fuck up, I need no explanations,"
"..."
"Wait for my fucking instructions,"
"..."
"She is always a threat, if she dares to open her mouth in front of media, I am ruined,"
"..."
"Yeah, she must be dead, she can't be alive at any cost,"
"Ruvay," He turned around to find Bhavya standing with her eyes widened as saucers.

"Sorry Mr Oberoi but your Dadi is dead," The doctor said with his head hung low.
Om and Gauri looked at him with shock.
"Dr...are you sure??" Rikara asked again to confirm.
What if all of these is a dream??
"She had suffered a massive cardiac arrest,"
"Cardiac arrest??" Gauri asked with wonder, "She was safe and sound even minutes back,"
"Well, Cardiac arrest doesn't come announced," Doctor sighed.
Om looked at his Dadi who laid still on bed as if she was asleep. Permanently asleep. Her palms had clutched the bed sheet tight.
"Dadi," He broke down next to her crying.

"It's all your family, who was responsible for this," He shouted forgetting that it's hospital.
"Listen to me..." Rikar tried to calm him down but Dhruv pushed him away.
"You Oberois, sent my mom to jail, made my life hell and now destroyed my love...you all are the reason of my misery,"
"Dhruv...please..." Rikar tried standing up.
"Do you guys know each other??" Anu asked with her heart hammering against her chest.
"We are brothers," Rikar replied.
"Were," Dhruv corrected.

Shivaay sat next to the window of his cosy room.
His eyes were fixed on the house next door.
"I need to apologise, I need to clarify, I am supposed to explain...I need a chance, please Anika, listen to me fully...please...All these years without you was equivalent to hell, I did mistakes but I never meant to hurt you...without you Shivaay is nothing, the last 10 years when I was forced to hurt you, I too got hurt...perhaps more than you...Your pain hurts me, please Anu...just listen to me once,"
His mind screamed which came out as tears through his gray orbs.
"My heart beats only for you...
So does yours for me.
Neither are ready to acknowledge it
But still our hearts aren't dumb
And keep expressing the love,
Hoping that one day or other, anyone of us shall realise,
The love for each other..."

Devanika lifted her eyelashes as the pain shot through her nerves. The pupils dilated as light invaded her brown orbs.
Dark half crescents were found below her eyes with her skin as dry as Autumn leaf.
Her lips had cracks with terrible need for moisture.
The ventilator was supporting her breathing system. Multiple tubes were attatched to her frame.
Pulse oximeter showed the oxygen saturation level with ECG monitor showing her mild heartbeats which were erratic hours before.
When did I end up here??
How did I end up here??
She turned her head towards the right, to spot Dhruv who had dozed off in chair which was immediate next.
His hand had clutched her palm, as if precautionary, not to let her go away.
Her fingers traced his hand slow, with a smile.
Dhruv felt the trace as he woke up from his power nap.
"Deva, Hey...are you okay??" He leaned forward while stroking her forehead.
"Hmm," She nodded.
"Dhruv..." She had tears logging her eyes.
"Sshh..." Dhruv calmed her down,"Don't strain yourself, you are safe, no one shall harm you...you are with me, your Dhruv, you..."
Devanika silenced him with her fingers on his lips.
"Sshh...now it's you who is straining yourself," She smiled weakly.
Dhruv looked at her with eyes not even blinking for once.
"I feel like the life is ebbing out of me,"
"Sshh...nothing like that,"
"NO, I hope that I won't make it, it's too much for me to bear, it's painful, I feel like someone stabbing me with hundred knives at time,"
"No, you can beat this pain, you are my strong superwoman, you can not grow weak,"
"No..." She nodded negative, "I hope I can't do that..."
"Don't leave me..."
"Dhruv...I am sorry,"
"You are my heartbeat, you can't do this to me,"
"I won't leave you Dhruv, my soul always stay with you,"
"Deva..."
"I promise, my soul is always connected with you,"
"No, you can't..."
"I love you, now and always," Devanika let her tears roll down her cheeks.
"Love you too," He could see her heartbeats coming down.
Looking into her brown orbs, he leaned forward and captured her lips.
After breaking the kiss, he looked into her brown orbs which held all love for him, the same one which resembled the love of his mom,dad, family and friends. She held the love equivalent to the love of everyone else in his life.
Slowly, those brown orbs turned soul less as her eyelashes lowered. Deathly pale white spread across her face.
Her lips became still with the ever lovely smile of satisfaction.
She looked like she was sleeping. Only difference is that she had slept permanently.