"Go Home"

{Melaní P.O.V}
~Dream Continues~

I walked.
I walked out the freaking door.
I admit it felt good when I heard the door close behind me. Dad didn't come out either like he usually did. I felt free for once.
I walked my way out the yard and followed the side walk until I found myself at Yadriel's place. I walked up to the door slowly and gave a couple knocks until the door opened.

 I walked up to the door slowly and gave a couple knocks until the door opened

(^^ Yadriel ^^)

"What are you doing here? Are you trying to get me killed? Does he know you're over here?"Yadriel asked me.

"No... he didn't care enough to come after me when I walked out the door then he shouldn't care who I'm with"I replied back walking after pushing my way in slowly.

"Ok... well what happened this time?"he asked after closing the door and taking a deep sigh.

"He made my mom leave.... Again. I'm sick and tired of him always doing this. She's my mom and I should decide what I want too...it's not fair."

(^^ Older Melaní ^^)

"You ever thought about maybe that he's doing it to protect you? She hasn't been getting better, Mel. She just tells you that so she doesn't upset you"Yadriel says to me.

"I came here for help and comfort... not for you to take my dad side. I haven't seen her do anything wrong. She treats me good. Isn't that all that matters?"I asked narrowing my eyes to him. "You wouldn't understand..."

"Yea you're right. I couldn't understand since neither of my parents are in my life. Right?"

"That's not what I mean't"I say lowly but could clearly see I hurt his feelings.

"Go Home" He says to me calmly. "Tell him how you feel."

I sighed looking at him and got up to kiss the top of his head softly. I left his house not going home. I just wanted space to myself for the moment. Or atleast talk to someone who's not going to continue to bash my mother around. So that's what I did.

There I was sitting on one side of a two sided window. I tapped my finger on the table softly feeling nervous for him to come out. I heard the door open right along with a buzz and watched the officer take the cuffs off him so that he could pick up the phone. I reached for the phone slowly putting it to my ear.

"Little Lanï"he says on the phone before chuckling to himself.

"Hey, Uncle Latrelle "I chuckled back to him a bit.

"What are you doing here? Don't tell me you came up here by yourself. I know damn well Spooky didn't let you show up here." He says shaking his head to me.

"There was an argument. And I left the house. He doesn't care so it's fine. I wanted to see you for the last 15 minutes of visitation hour"

"Don't say that. He cares about you. It's called tough love. Your mama did it all the time with me. I guess it wasn't tough enough since I got myself in here."he says to me. "Does your mama Atleast know where you are?"

"That's what the argument was about. I woke up and she wasn't there. Dad said she left and I know he had to run her off like always. I just don't know what she could've done for dad to hate her so much"

Uncle Latrelle looked at me for a second and sighed putting his elbows on the tables as if to get comfortable. "It's just the same old bullshit choosing Santos or Prophets. Your mama was the one who sold out Spooky. He got locked up and he found out from someone inside that she was working with the prophets. You know that brother of yours? She told Spooky it was his... it's not. She was messing around with the prophets leader. Look... your mama made a lot of mistakes, don't get me wrong. But she's a good woman. She did a lot for me and she's done a lot for you."he says to me before speaking up again. "But you gotta let her go. I can tell you right now... she doesn't know what direction she wants to go in"

I sat there quietly listening to every word he said not believing what she done to my dad or was it more lies everyone was telling me. I was hold back tears at this point before hearing there was ten minutes left of visitation. "And the multiple times my dad let her in the house... he gave her multiple chances"I say lowly starting to understand but I still loved her.

"You think maybe I could see you again before they transfer you to another facility? I wanna know about my grandparents or other family members I have on this side"I say lowly to him.

"I got stories that can go on for days. Our family is crazy"he laughed to me. "You still wanna be a lawyer?"

I couldn't help but chuckle to him, of course mama had to tell him that. "Yea... I'm studying hard for it. There's so many laws and rules to it. It makes no sense"I laughed.

He smiled to me and nodded before knocking on the glass window softly, "you go be the best the lawyer out there. You hear me? Don't let anyone hold you back and don't make the same mistakes I made. You keep looking forward. Maybe you look back a little bit and come get me out of here"he laughed on his last comment. "Look at me. Don't come back here. Promise me that you won't come back until you are successful. I don't want you see me here and thinking I'm holding you back"he chuckled.

"That's not fair, you're the only one closest to mam—"I was caught of by him repeating himself.

"Trust me... I wanna see you. But I wanna see successful. Not sad. You focus on school. Alright? Promise me that you won't come back until you're good"he says to me again with tears.

"Alright... I promise."I say lowly to him as if just in time the guards came to hand cuff him again and take him back to his cell.

~Latrelle P.O.V~

It hurts me to see my niece walk away. I didn't get to know her as much as I would've wanted to. I regret everything that happened to her because of me but I will do anything I can for her.

"Can I make a quick phone call?"I asked the guard looking to him. "It'll be quick" I tell him and let him uncuff me so that I could make the call.

I picked up the phone dailing the number before it started ringing. I put the phone to my ear and sighed hearing the other end answer.

"Hey, it's done. She's leaving now"I say on the phone and heard him sigh. "How'd did you know she would come see me?"

"I didn't. But if she wanted to see someone close to her mother... it would be you. You've been with her your whole life" Cesar responded.

"Yea, aight"I say and hung up the phone.