"What's with the glitter?"

I stood in the door way of Uncle Cesar room pouting to him as he was grabbing his book bag.

"Do you have to go to school? why can't I go to school with you?"I asked him sitting on his mattress.

"No you can't come with me, Melaní."He chuckled to me before sitting next to me on the bed. "I'll be home at 3:30. I promise"he says to me.

{Cesar P.O.V}

Looking at Melaní face I could see how confused she was. Since Oscar is out he was suppose to be helping with home schooling Melaní and it didn't look like he was doing a good job. I picked Melaní up carefully and walked her to the clock that was hanging on the wall in the front room.

"Here's today lesson while i'm at school" I say to her and put her on the couch arm to stand on. "when the little hand is on three and the long hand is on the six, I will be walking through that door"I say to her.

"What if I move the hands by myself"She asked reaching to move the clock hands.

I grabbed her off the couch before she could touch the clock. "No Laní, you have to be patient. okay? while you're waiting on the clock to touch the three and six how about you go help daddy with something"I tell her before glancing to the window and see Monse walking with Olivia.

{Melaní P.O.V}

"Daddy doesn't need help, he's Bob the builder"I say to him and look to where he was looking.

"I have to go. Be good"He says before kissing my head and walked outside.

I walked to the chair in front of the window and climbed up carefully before watching him walk with his friends until my eyes landed on a woman walking to the backyard.

(Alaïa)

(Alaïa)

I jumped down from the chair and run to the bedroom to grab my book I was to read daily before going to the back door opening it just a crack so I could see what's happening. I see daddy walk out the shed slowly looking to her and stopped walking wiping the black stuff off his hands with a cloth.

"I thought I told you not to come back?" Papa says holding his hand out telling her to stop walking closer to him.

"No...you told me not to come back here with my colors. I'm not wearing them....Oscar I want to see her. please?"The woman begged papa having me confused.

"NO! She doesn't want to see you! She doesn't talk or think of you! And I'm going to keep it that way! "Papa yelled.

"You're going to keep it that way? The same way you keep Cesar from thinking or talking about your dad, huh? And what are you going to do when she does eventually ask about her mommy?"She asked walking closer to papa until I couldn't see them anymore from the crack I was looking through.

I tried to make the crack bigger by opening the door a little bit more but it made a squeak loud enough for Papa and the woman to hear. I got scared and stood still holding on tight to my book.