Disrespect

~Next night~

Daddy was suppose to be Putting me to sleep in about ten minutes. The tv and Dora Spanish was messing up also. I sigh walking out the door slowly and felt the cold breeze. Daddy and his friends were outside and I seen smoke come from daddy mouth. I think uncle Cesar called it a cigarette.

Uncle Cesar was riding in his skateboard while daddy sat on the open cement wall part. I was gonna say something until I seen uncle Cesar fall to the ground from being attacked.

" you little b**ch!" Monse yelled at him while hitting him.

daddy turned around when he seen my little shadow and put the cigarette down.

"Get your ass in the house. Didn't I tell you to stay in the house till I put you to bed"daddy yelled at me and I flinched.

"The tv is messing up daddy..."I say lowly and look over to see Ruby and Jamal pull Monse out the yard.

"Go inside now"daddy yelled and uncle Cesar looked at me with the rest of the males.

I was about to go inside but I run behind uncle Cesar holding onto his leg seeing that daddy became more angry.

"I'll put her to sleep Spooky. Just stay and hang with the homies"Uncle Cesar says picking me up taking me inside to my small room.

He lay me in bed and tucked me. He sighed and I frown. "What's wrong uncle Cesar?"I asked tiredly.

"Nothing, But promise me you will not disrespect your dad again. He's doing a lot out here and the least you can do is be a good girl. Especially for me. If I wasn't out there he could've gave you a pop. Is that what you want?"he asked.

I frown and shake my head 'no'.
"No, pops hurt"I say quietly. "I sorry uncle Cesar"I said and he kissed my head before turning my lamp off.

"It's okay"he smiled.

"Uncle Cesar, tell me the story about how the sun loved the moon"I asked wanting to see if he remembered what he told me over the summer when daddy was gone for a while.

"He(Sun) died every night to let her (moon) breathe"he says and chuckled.

"Always remember to fall asleep with a dream"he says and I giggle.

"And wake up with a purpose"I finished what he was gonna say since he says it every time he tuck me for bed. He smiled and walked out the room slowly closing the door a bit.