FACETIME

"hello? minji, you there?"

"yeah, i'm here." she sniffs quietly as she brings her face into view. her face is surrounded by a soft pink hood and her eyes are puffy and red.

"what's wrong? why are you crying?" yuta wears a worried expression as she wipes her cheeks.

"nothing, i'm just- i don't know. i really like jisung and i wanna tell him, so i asked for your help but now you guys are trying to force me to tell him and i'm not ready to and no one is listening to me and i regret even staying in the dream chat in the first place."

"well that's not really nothing." yuta chuckles as the girl rolls her eyes.

"i'm sorry, i don't mean to burden you or anything, it's just-"

"you're not a burden on me or any of the other guys, you'd be crazy to think that. we love you. i love you. i just wish you'd told me or someone else something sooner. we don't mean to make you feel pressured - at least i don't - we just want to help but i can understand if you'd feel like we were trying to force you into talking to him."

"i think what's best for you right now, is maybe see if he wants to hang out. maybe not right now but soon. you can get to know him and maybe come and meet us and eventually hang out with him alone. then tell him. don't listen to johnny or any of the other guys if they try and push this on you. i understand that it's a big thing for you so you need to take your time. from now on, i promise i'll step in and tell them to shut up if you want me to. i won't let them make you feel like that again."

the girl nods as she listens to the male and smiles as he finishes.

although they'd started out seemingly hating each other, she'd be lying if she said she hadn't grown the closest to him out of all the boys.

"thanks yuta." he smiles at her as she wipes a few more tears with her sleeve.

"you know it's funny, you know how we have that group chat where you ask for advice?" the girl nods, "jisung made one too and i'm in it and i was telling him about how you never thank us for help and he does. but here you are, red faced and bloodshot eyes, thanking me for being the coolest guy ever."

"i never said that."

"but you thought it, didn't you?" the girl shakes her head, chuckling at the boy as he pretends to flip his hair.

they stay on the call for about an hour before yuta leaves for practice.

"love you, kid." he blows a kiss to the screen along with a wink and the girl scrunches up her nose in disgust.

"yeah, okay."

"hey! say it ba-" she hangs up giggling to herself as she lay back in her bed.

maybe he's close to being the coolest guy ever. maybe...