Chapter 3

A P R I L

We found a way out of the sewage pipe and went through it.It wasn't that complicated after a while to loose those guys.But we did it,finally.We got out of the pipe and I shook the water off my shoes when Dom spoke.

"They're looking for all three of us together now,we need to split up." Dom said looking out into the distance. "You,Mia and April head south,and I'll lead them away."

"No." I objected.

"Dom's right...look how lucky we got.What happens next time?" Brian asked. "We have no choice but to split-"

"I'm not going to loose you again Brian." I cut him off. "I already lost my family once,I don't want to break it up again...Brian I love you...I don't want to split up."

"April's right.If we're gonna do something about this,we can do it together...as the team we are." Mia backed me up.

Dom and Brian looked at each other. "Please Dom..."

Brian walked up and kissed me. "Marry me?" I looked up and faced him. "That's what I wanted to ask you earlier...I know right now is not a good timing,plus I don't have the ring but when we get out of this I-"

I shut him off and kissed him. "Ring or no ring...wanted or not,nothing's gonna stop me from saying yes..."

He smiled and kissed me again.As we pulled away I looked at Dom. "Promise me,we won't split up?"

He waited for a while then walked up to us. "I promise..." He pulled all of us in into a big group hug. "Our family just grew a whole lot bigger."

I couldn't help but smile at this group hug.Doesn't matter if we're related by blood or not,we are family,and family sticks together.

It was already dark,and we were looking for somewhere to stay.We found this place but it was locked.The chains were rusted and old so a kick would do,just nicely.Dom read my mind because he kicked it open and the chains came off.We went through the alley and reached to an old,nice house.

I was looking outside,viewing all of Rio and it's beautiful atmosphere. I felt the wind breeze through my hair. It was nice to just look at the sky and feel free even if it was just for a minute.I never thought the day I would become wanted.I'm not going back to jail even if I keep running away.I'm not doing that.

"Thinking hard?" I saw Brian come up to me with two beers in each hand.I knew which one was mine because one was a corona and one was a modelo.

"You got that right." I smiled and grabbed my beer.I turned back around to see the sky and look at the stars.

"Hey..." he said.I looked at him and I saw him holding a ring in his fingers.It was a small infinity ring. "I know you were kind of expecting a huge rock,but,this was all I can afford...but with this small ring I can declare my big love for you...I want to do things the right way..."

He got down on one knee and held the ring between to fingers. "April Daniels...I want you to be by my side in every single street race,and I want you and only you...will you marry me?"

I could feel the tears form in my eyes and I smiled as I nodded. "Oh my god yes..." I whispered and brought him up for a kiss.After a couple minutes I could see Mia sitting on a chair and sleeping.I looked over and saw Dom come over with his beer.It was quite until Brian came back from using the bathroom.

"Dom what do you remember about your father?" Brian asked.

"My father..." Dom sat back and looked out. "He used,uh,he used to cook a barbecue every Sunday after church...for anybody in the neighborhood.If you didn't go to church,you didn't get any barbecue.Every single day he was in the garage,and every single night he was at the kitchen table,helping Mia with her homework." I smiled at Dom's amazing memory of his father. "Even after she'd went to sleep,he'd stay up a couple hours so he could learn the next chapter and help her the next day...I remember everything about my father."

"That's just it.I don't remember shit about my dad." Brian said.Both Dom and I looked at Brian surprised. "I don't remember him yelling.I don't remember him smiling.To be honest with you, I don't even remember what the hell he looked like.I don't remember.He just...He was just never there."

"It must feel shitty huh..." I sighed drinking my beer. "Fathers can be the best...but some of them choose not to.Sometimes I think that was my situation when my father walked out on me.My mother took it out on me when I was 7 years old.I didn't understand why...I was put in a foster home ever since...My father walked off because he knew I wasn't his.But I wasn't my mom's either.I was switched at birth."

This was the first time telling them about my past.I've never told anyone about anything from my past. "But you know what? I doesn't hurt...I'm glad that I did whatever I did...because I wouldn't of never met my true family...you guys..."

"That's why we need a plan...we can't keep running." Brian said. "We gotta get out..."

"You're right." Dom agreed.He pulled out the chip from his pocket and looked at it. "Here's how we're going to do it.We're going to use this.We're going do one last job.We're going to take all of Reyes' money.Every dime of it,and disappear." He set the chip in front of us. "Forever."

"New passports,New lives with no more looking over our shoulder.And we're just going to buy our freedom." Brian said.

"That's right."

"You realize that we're talking about the most powerful guy in Rio?"

"That's why we gotta get a team." I smiled.

At sun rise we all were awake,changed,and clean.We looked out the building,looking at the houses below us.

"Let's go through all the bases." Brian said.

"First we're going to need a chameleon.Someone who can blend in anywhere." I explained looking out.

"What else?" Mia asked.

"A fast talker.Someone who can bullshit there way out of anything."

"I got one of those." Brian laughed.

"This guy is going to have a lot of surveillance.We're going to need someone who's good with circuits." Mia said.

"And with those circuits,Reyes is going to have walls.We're going to need guys to punch through those walls." Dom added.

"What else?" Mia asked.

"Utilities and weapons.Someone who ain't afraid to throw down.Someone to back up every position." Dom said.

"Yeah what else?" Brian asked.

"Most importantly,we're going to need two precision drivers.Guys that don't crack under pressure.Guys that never lose." I smiled and looked at both Dom and Brian.

"You know we got that." Brian smirked.