chapter 9

A P R I L

Han drove the car. It was smooth and quick.

"Close, but not enough." Giselle said walking towards Han.

"Dom the window is too small man," Han said. "The only way we're going to beat them is with...invisible cars."

Dom closed the hood of the car.

"And I know just where to get them." I smiled. "Let's take a ride, boys."

I drove shotgun while Dom,Brian, Roman, and Han sat in the back. Giselle was driving. "Don't hurt yourself." she said as we climbed over the truck and over the fence. We all ran to a cop car and hot wired it to start working. We all drove up to the stop light and looked at each other.

"It's been a while since I've been behind the wheels of one of these." Brian said looking at the car.

"Hmph." I chuckled.

"First time I've ever been in the front seat." Dom smiled.

That's when Han, and Roman pulled up next to us.

"Hey, Rome, what took you so long?  I thought for sure you'd be showing up with some chrome spinners or something." Brian joked.

Roman laughed but then put on a serious face. "Real funny."

Brian laughed.

"I got a hundred thousand that say I can take you all in the next quarter mile." Roman said through the speaker.

"Yeah you're broke ass has a hundred grand." Brian joked.

"If we pull of this job I will." Rome said. "The next two lights, hundred thousand."

"If we don't pull this job off, we're probably dead anyway." Han said.

"He's right." I smiled. "Let's make it a million."

" I like that, alright a million-dollar ,quarter mile. " Brian said.

"Alright then." Han said getting ready. I got ready too, ready to kick some ass.

"You only live once, let's do it." Rome said through the speaker then putting it down.

"What do you say Dom?" Brian asked.

"We talking or we racing?" He asked. He got ready.

"Just don't cheat next time." Brian said.

"You gotta let that go."

"Big talk for guys who didn't win, remember that?"

We all revved our engines and got ready for the light to turn green. A split second before the light even turned green, Roman already started going.

Then we all went. I pressed the gas pedal as hard as I could and got in front of Brian. "Sorry sweetie."

That's when other cars started showing up out of no where. I quickly got in front of Roman, but Han got in front of me fast. "Shit!"

That's when Brian cut me off,to get to Dom. It was Dom, and Brian next to each other, then Han, then me, and then Roman. While Dom and Brian fought in the front I quickly caught up to Han. I looked over and saw him. He smiled at me. I looked in front of me, then back at Han, and winked at him, before cutting  him off. It was now Me vs Brian vs Dom. But then Han and Roman caught up. I could see Dom pull the stick, and then after that Brian and I pulled the stick but Brian was a little bit ahead of me. Brian won.

We all pulled up, and got out of the cars.

"Good race O'Connor." Dom said walking off.

"Thanks Dom..." Brian said. Then Brian fist pumped the air. "You know how long I've been waiting for that shit?"

He pulled Roman in for a handshake.

"Told you he didn't see it." Han said.

"Your man right there, he let off the throttle at the line." Roman finished. "You didn't do nothing he let you win."

"Bullshit." Brian laughed. Han and Roman walked off. "Seriously?"

"Hard truth B-To-the-Ryan." I smiled and pat him on the back and walked off.

The next day, we were working on the cop cars, when Mia walked in with Vince. We looked at him and followed them.

"What happened?!" I asked standing up ready to punch Vince in the fucking face.

"Wait wait, Reyes' guys were waiting for me at the market." Mia explained. "Vince saved my life."

I sighed and looked at Mia. "Are you ok?" I asked her.

"Yeah, Yeah I'm fine..." Mia said.

"You hungry?" Dom asked Vince without even looking at him.

"Yeah sure..." Vince said.

"Good..." Dom said finally looking at Vince. "Cause you're saying grace."

As Tego was burning the steak, Han, Roman, Tej and I sat on the couch talking. We all clinked our drinks. "Ok so we in Brazil...it's the good life." Roman said. "You got more then 10 million dollars, whatcha gonna do with your money?"

"Me?" Tej asked.

"Yeah."

"Man, I've actually been thinking about opening up a garage back home." Tej said while Roman put down his drink. "A place were people could come and and not get completely ripped off y'know what I'm saying man..."

"Really? So you're dream is to start a day job?" Roman asked.

"Shut up Roman, I think it's a great idea, Tej." I smiled at him.

"You can be my first costumer then, A."

"Sure thing."

"You know what I'm gonna do with my money?" Rico said in English. "Buy some cooking lessons for my man."

"There you go with that negativity, you know me. Money ain't a damn thing." Tego explained. I looked over and saw Han looking at Giselle.

"You should talk to her, Han..." I nudged him. He looked at me. "Go..."

I smiled as he stood up and walked to her. I looked over and saw Brian. I went over and sat on his lap.

"We're less then 24 hours from the biggest celebration of our life." Roman said bringing me and Brian beers.

"Well the second biggest celebration of our life." Brian smiled and kissed me.

"What...what do you mean?" Roman asked. Brian lifted up my finger with the ring on it. "Are you serious right now?! Is that the reason you let him beat you in the quarter mile? Haha, that was a wedding gift!"

Everyone walked over. "No that's messed up!"

"Wait, wait, wait hold on" Tej said. "Did he just smack that ass of just grab it?"

They laughed. Giselle and Han came up to us. "Congratulations for a second time," Giselle hugged me.

"Thank you, thank you!"

Han gave Brian a handshake then pulled in for a hug. Then Han went up to me and smiled. He leaned in for a hug and I hugged him back.

"Toast..." I hear Dom say. We walked to him surrounding him. "Money will come and go. We know that. But the most important thing in life will always be the people in this room. Right here. Right now. Salude Mi Familia..."

"Salude..." We all cheered.