Chapter 7

A P R I L

"Got it! We got it!" Mia said as everyone surrounded her. I guess Rico and Tego really came through.

"We're looking at four cameras." I said.

"Marker optics. Hundred-degree field-of-view. Ten seconds oscillation." Han said right after me. I looked at him and smiled remembering how smart he is.

"Can't we just tap in and replace the image?" Giselle asked.

"No, it's hooked into a digital sync, they would know we were in the system." Tej explained. "The best we can do is peek."

"We're gonna need some real fast cars to get through this." Roman sighed.

"Not just fast. You got a hard right and a hairpin. We're going to need something agile." Han responded.

"You guys mock up a track. O'Connor , let's go get some cars." Dom said.

"Nice..." Brian smiled at me and left with Dom.

A couple minutes passed and we tried to mock up a track just like Dom said but Roman was already complaining that he was hungry as shit, and I guess everyone was hungry too. Giselle and I got on her motorcycle and went to some fast food place while we waited for someone to dispatch us we made conversation.

"So, you and Brian." she asked. "What's going on?"

"We're engaged." I smiled softly.

"Oh my god, congratulations!" she hugged me. After she let go, I looked down. "What's wrong?"

"What if-" I paused. "What if I'm not what Brian expected me to be. I'm scared to disappoint him."

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"He wants to start a family... with me." I explained.

"Ok? What's bad about that?" she asked me.

"I can't..." I took a deep breath and then let it out. "I can't have kids."

Giselle frowned, shocked of what I just said. "Before I met Brian, when I was 17, I got pregnant. On accident. It was my first time, and then I got an abortion, and got my tubes tied. I never thought I could ever be happy in my life, so I made that decision. Dom, Mia...Brian, they don't know."

There was a little bit of awkward silence, between us until she spoke. "Brian will still love you, no matter what. You can never disappoint him, I've seen the way he looks at you, he's probably more excited then all the girls in the world combined for marriage. I know that for sure."

"Thanks Giselle."

"What are best friends for?" she smiled and I hugged her.

After we got the food we went back and after we ate and talked and got to know each other more. We played card games until we heard two cars come back inside. Dom's muscle car, and a new blue car that I've never seen before. It was gorgeous. Brian's type of car.

Roman laughed as Brian got our of the blue car. "Really?" he asked. "Where did you get that from huh? Papa smurf?"

We brought the cars to the track and Brian was going first. "Okay, O'Connor, give it your best shot." Dom said through the microphone. Brian went the full 360, the car was fast as shit which was good-

"How was that one?" Brian said as he got out of the car.

"Camera caught you." Han said.

But not good enough.

"What?" Brian asked shocked.

"Camera still caught you." Han repeated with the bag of chips in his hand.

"Damn, I was milking the hell out of that one too." Brian said as he climbed up the stairs.

"We're gonna need a faster car." Dom said.

We got different car, that was black and the cars were really fast. Everyone else tried it, but the camera still caught it, even caught me but just by a couple seconds. Tego accidentally hit the side of the black car and everyone laughed.

"Exactly why your ass hasn't been driving." Roman said to Tego. Up next was Giselle. Giselle's was literally perfect if the camera caught her driving I don't know what we're going to do. Han looked at the car and was enchanted.

"I think I'm in love," Han said.

Once the car Giselle was driving came to a stop she got out of the car and looked at Roman.

"That was real solid work, but I think camera three still caught you." Roman said.

"Let's do it again." Giselle said getting back into the car.

After a couple more tries Giselle finally got it. Then it was time to un-box a special present for Tej. Brian, Tego, Han and Rico got to work and took the wood off the and moved it to the side revealing almost the exact same vault, that Reyes has where he keeps his money in.

"That's the piggy bank you ordered." I smiled at Tej with my arms crossed.

"You're kidding me."

"Totally." I responded.

"Where the hell did ya'll get one of these?" Tej asked.

"Well we had a life before you met us." Han said.

"Alright, I'll get to work on the electronic tumbler. But there is still another problem." Tej said going up to the vault. "Palm scanner, without Reyes hand print, Houdini himself couldn't open this bitch."

"How you know its Reyes hand print on there?" Tego asked.

"You got a hundred million dollars, you gonna put someone else' hand print on there?" Tej asked sarcastically.

"Tan bruto cabron," Rico called Tego out. (Dumbass bastard.)

"There you go again with that negativity man-"

They started going back in fourth and we laughed at it.

"So how are we gonna get Reyes hand print on there?" I asked.

"Han...you're up." Dom said.

Han looked annoyed. "Sure...nothing like the easy stuff."

I was about to speak up but someone beat me right to it.

"Let's go...I'll drive." Giselle said.