₃.₈

TW: mentions of toxicity, serious mental health problems, gaslighting, a fight scene, mentions of blood, and slight abuse

(pps all dialogue in bold from this moment forward means that the character is speaking in English)

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

Haven't I said this before?

That pain doesn't leave?

It constantly reminds you of its existence, and even if you manage to overcome it, it's still there. Hiding and waiting for the moment where you'll break down. Waiting for the chance to destroy you all over again.

Perhaps, in this moment, you should have remembered.

"What are you doing here?"

Your voice is small, feeble, and shaking. Every move he makes you are sure to remember, your guard up and prepared for anything he may do to you. You don't know for sure why he's here, but the way the two of you left things off last time, you aren't sure if you want to find out.

When he takes a step closer to you, your hands tighten on the door, and you visibly flinch, taking a step backward.

"Yen? Who is it?"

You never thought you'd be so grateful to see Taehyung's face. Turning to him as though he were your savior, he immediately sees the panic in your eyes and narrows his towards the newcomer. He may not know exactly what's going on, but he can tell that this person is someone who you don't feel comfortable around. He would even say you're frightened.

And maybe you were, but now, with him by your side, some of your strength and resolve return as you are reminded that you are no longer alone. You have someone who will stay loyally by your side.

As you raise your eyes to Alex, however, you can spy that familiar glint of anger and malice in his otherwise blue eyes. He's always been the jealous type, a major issue in your relationship, so you aren't surprised, but you can't help but feel a sense of hypocrisy.

He's the one who cheated on you, and yet he thinks he has a right to be jealous?

Has he forgotten it's over?

"Yeah Yen," he murmurs, his jaw set tightly and his eyes narrowed in displeasure. You had forgotten he was raised in Korea, you were hoping he wouldn't be able to understand Taehyung. "Who am I?"

You nearly scoff at the question, your fear quickly rooting itself in your throat and turning to hatred and respite. With Tae at your side, you stand straight, your hand now tightening on the knob as a way to release your frustration instead of your dread.

"No one important." You snarl, almost wishing you could slam the door shut right in his face. His eyes, eyes you once found beautiful and alluring, widen with your words, a flicker of hurt clearly found beneath his anger.