₁.₆

⁕|<~0~>|⁕

⁕|<~0~>|⁕

It's quiet.

You don't mind the silence, you find it peaceful. You don't need to speak to enjoy each other's company. Talking isn't required for you to feel connected with him. The only sounds you need are the pitter-patter of the rain, the screech of the wheels as cars pass by and the howling of the wind to be content. You only need his heartbeat beneath your hands and the sound of his shallow breathing as he runs, fueled by his adrenaline.

Once Taehyung passes the corner, however, that silence is quickly broken by a stray biker who almost runs into the pair of you. Luckily, he turns at the last minute, continuing to bike through the rain. He calls out an indiscernible insult at the two of you, his angry shout fading as he grows farther away.

He doesn't realize the jokes on him.

Neither of you heard.

How could you when the both of you are distracted by a much bigger issue?

When the biker almost ran into you, Taehyung got so startled, that he stepped back abruptly and slipped on the wet concrete he had been running on a few seconds ago. Because of how fast he was going, he had no time to catch himself, and time seemed to slow down as he felt himself begin to slowly fall.

In that time frame, he could only think of you.

He knew he was falling backward, and that you would be the first to feel the fall, perhaps growing more injured than you were before.

He refused to let that happen again.

In the nick of time, he managed to twist himself around so that he was facing you, pulling your body closer to his chest. As he slowly fell and the both of you landed harshly on the ground, there was a smart smacking sound as you settled in a puddle of water. A sound which made the both of you wince, Taehyung more than you as he is the one who landed flat on his back.

He saved you.

Again.

As soon as he opens his eyes and looks straight into yours, you blush before rolling off of him once more. In the distance, you can hear the biker shout out an incoherent insult, but you roll your eyes, biting down on the urge to reply with some unkind words.

You land in the same puddle, your coat falling off as you sit up on the wet concrete. Hesitantly, you glance over at him, wondering if he's all right. It takes a moment for him to rise, breathing heavily on the dirty concrete. Once you pull on his arm, he rises almost reluctantly, which makes you laugh.

It's as though he were a child unwilling to get up and go to school.

Shaking your head you turn to him, and your smile immediately fades.

As he rises to his knees, rubbing his shoulder blade in pain, you grimace guiltily, knowing that you're the reason for his pain. It may not have been your fault, but because he protected you...