₄.₃

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

When Jimin asked Taehyung to come with him, he didn't mean grab what you wanted and run. Sighing, he stacks yet another ice cream in his small basket.

He really didn't want to carry the entire store back with him, but what can you do when you're dealing with a party of equally demanding and equally drunk individuals? Plus his snack thief partner left him high and dry to go running back to his precious Yen.

He shouldn't be resenting Yen for Taehyung's absence, after all, they're going through a lot lately. Besides, he supposes this is better than waiting around for someone who obviously wasn't coming.

And on top of it all, couldn't even bother to call.

At the thought, he pauses, a lump turning violently in his throat.

Jimin knows his expectations were probably too high. They are merely strangers after all, who have only experienced a few chance encounters. It was too much to expect that she would come, he got his hopes up for nothing.

But she could have at least called.

As Jimin steps back, he's so lost in his thoughts, that he doesn't see the woman who is walking behind him. So, instead of avoiding her and allowing her to pass, like a normal person would do if they were aware of their surroundings; the two of them collide in a jarring turn of events. Jimin's basket tumbling out of his hands, the contents inside spilling out all over the floor in the process.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!"

Jimin doesn't pay much attention to her, doesn't even look her way. He stares at the contents scattered across the smooth tile of the floor almost blankly, unable to find much of a difference between them and himself.

Discarded as though they were nothing.

So when the two of them kneel to pick them off from the ground they don't recognize the other at first.

"Don't worry about it--"

But as soon as Jimin raises his eyes to hers, he immediately knows.

Her eyes widen as she meets his, her hand faltering from where it was reaching before. She swallows hard, guilt quickly replacing the shock that was so clear before.

Jimin longs to look away, but it's those eyes.

Those glittering green eyes which keep his locked on her, unable to look away.

Damn you, Taehyung.

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

"I told you, I'm not hungry."

Jocelynn smiles to herself bitterly as she sets the cup of ramen noodles down on the counter. She's always appreciated the little areas convenience stores had for people to grab a little bite to eat. Sometimes, if she had nowhere to be she would eat her meals here, watching the cars drive by, the people going about their normal day-to-day lives. Remembering, of a time when the seat next to her would be chirping childhood nonsense, their laughter ringing across the room as though it were her own personal symphony.